Carbon Monoxide tank risks and protections….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For US divers who do not want to own a CO analyzer, I am talking with GoPro Rental| EPIRB Rental | PLB Rental about renting them for trips. He rents cameras and PLBs and is in talks with SB about advertising here, offering SB discounts, etc.

Just saw something about a lady who died in Cabo early this month, assumed to be CO but now they are questioning whether it was a bad fill. I am picking up my tank after work today and I think I will ask about compressor testing.

The portable Analox unit can be acquired at EII CO- Portable Carbon Monoxide Checker for as little as $325 including free shipping in the US

They jacked the price up to $407 since you posted the link in the cabo thread. You better be getting a commission for all the sales you've generated! :wink:

And thank you for these posts about CO. I really had no idea about CO before I read your posts.

They jacked the price up to $407 since you posted the link in the cabo thread. You better be getting a commission for all the sales you've generated! :wink:

And thank you for these posts about CO. I really had no idea about CO before I read your posts.
Oops, sale's over, huh? Dang that's quite a jump. Leisure Pro, Dive Right, etc have it for $363.

I'm really excited about Outdoor Equipment Rentals offering it for trips. :cool: $35 for a week with shipping time allowed. :thumb: That beats owning for many of us.

Now I want to see trip reports with CO readings included...!!

I'm really excited about Outdoor Equipment Rentals offering it for trips. :cool: $35 for a week with shipping time allowed. :thumb: That beats owning for many of us.

Now I want to see trip reports with CO readings included...!!

I just rented a CO analyzer from them for my trip to Cozumel next week. The final price is $46 per week after a $3 charge for something and an $8 charge for something else. Way better than buying one.

Thanks for setting this up! I'll make sure I test every tank and post the results.

I just rented a CO analyzer from them for my trip to Cozumel next week. The final price is $46 per week after a $3 charge for something and an $8 charge for something else. Way better than buying one.

Thanks for setting this up! I'll make sure I test every tank and post the results.
$8 shipping per order, 1 or more items, plus the variable rate - $3. If you rented other items, the shipping/item would be less. Covers return shipping too! :thumb:

The minimum time the unit will be out of his hands is 2 weeks. With juggle time between rentals, he'll do good to rent one a month year-round. His rates are really nice. I've thought of renting mine out, but not that cheap. I like the way he avoids requiring a deposit too.

I have been contemplating buying the Analox CO and O2 analyzers for several months, but wasn't convinced they were worth the investment. Went on dive vacation the first 10 days in March and it seems all I could think about was the gas I was breathing (although I've have dove with this operator numerous times) good or bad. Then I return and see all of these posts discussing CO and O2. This convinced me that I had nothing to loose (but my life) and purchased both. Plus Don's signature line is something you don't forget.

Ordered the analox CO tester this week. No brainer. With all the money we have invested in equipment - why not spend anohter 300 to stay alive and safe.

I havent decided where to "draw the line" with test results??? Is less than 10 safe? Less than 7? Not sure where to go?

BTW - many online retailers will price match - I got a great deal at DRIS and they matched the best onlince price I found - plus I used their "points" from my HOG reg doubles set purchase last year. and brought the unit to fight at 300.

Last edited:
Hey there Dandy Don!

My wife and I dive nitrox only since we were EAN certified two years ago. I haven't seen any distinction in this thread regarding air vs. nitrox fills. Is there any reason to believe nitrox fills would be less likely to contain elevated levels of CO?

Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom