Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just booked a trip with Suzy at the Dive Bus, and we are anxious to get diving again in two weeks. The diving looks good in Curacao, but prices seem to be a lot higher than other Carribean destinations.

It is all about cost of living. Some islands are poorer than others and it is reflected in the price of tourism. Curacao is not a poor island so things are going to cost more there. Places like Dominican Republic is a lot cheaper but a 5-star resort on DR is going to be a 3-star resort on Curacao. Additionally, the equipment you'll find at The Dive Bus is really nice, fairly new and well maintained.

What everyone else said. I'll add a recommendation for The Dive Bus. Let Mark and Suzy know your dive experience and they'll tailor the dive for you. The Dive Bus was my first shore dive. Couldn't have picked a better bunch to introduce me to shore diving.

Barbados is outside the Caribbean Ocean and can get a little rough. Never been to Nassau.

P.S. go to the Prices + Packages section on their website. They have accommodation packages as well as diving. Might be worth looking at if you have not booked lodging yet.

Where might the "Caribbean Ocean" be located? There is a Caribbean Sea which is part of the Atlantic Ocean and Barbados borders the Caribbean Sea!
Large Barbados map by World Atlas

BTW Nassau is not in the Caribbean (Ocean or Sea)!

Where might the "Caribbean Ocean" be located? There is a Caribbean Sea which is part of the Atlantic Ocean and Barbados borders the Caribbean Sea!
Large Barbados map by World Atlas

BTW Nassau is not in the Caribbean (Ocean or Sea)!

:tongue2: I think everyone knows what I mean. I was thinking Atlantic OCEAN and CARIBBEAN Sea but I wrote Caribbean Ocean.

Personally I have to ask this:

Why can you get to Curacao and not to Bonaire?

IMNSHO, Bonaire is where we should be telling you to go. Somebody earlier mentioned island hopping over but why not fly in direct and stay there. Can be less money too....depending on how you go

Personally I have to ask this:

Why can you get to Curacao and not to Bonaire?

IMNSHO, Bonaire is where we should be telling you to go. Somebody earlier mentioned island hopping over but why not fly in direct and stay there. Can be less money too....depending on how you go
Um, they said above they can get free air and hotel in Curacao, sounds like a pretty good reason to go there. Probably they can get free flights on American which flies to Curacao and not Bonaire...Probably they can get free room at some name brand hotels of which Curacao has some and Bonaire has none.

Besides, not everyone likes Bonaire better than Curacao.

Um, they said above they can get free air and hotel in Curacao, sounds like a pretty good reason to go there. Probably they can get free flights on American which flies to Curacao and not Bonaire...Probably they can get free room at some name brand hotels of which Curacao has some and Bonaire has none.

Besides, not everyone likes Bonaire better than Curacao.

Sorry I misunderstood the comment because they labelled three places not just the one. That sort of implied that they were looking for options. Hopefully you get your well deserved adjustment soon.

And FYI, American Eagle flies into Bonaire and their points can be used on American Eagle flights. Check it out.

"Barbados is outside the Caribbean "

Is what originally caught my eye, west side of Barbados is on the Caribbean.

Last edited:
"Barbados is outside the Caribbean "

Is what originally caught my eye, west side of Barbados is on the Caribbean.

Fair. Looking at maps (without the clear distinction of Caribbean Sea) Barbados was so far east of St. Lucia/St. Vincent that I, wrongly, assumed it was outside the Caribbean Sea.

The original point I was trying to get across was that Barbados is so far east that, even if technically bordering the Caribbean Sea, the waters around it are very different from say St. Lucia, St. Vincent and especially Curacao.

Something tells me scubadiver888 that there are a lot of people out there that have little to add to the thread so they will give you a geography lesson....all because of a simple slip. Hopefully people actually read the thread and see that you have explained your slip a couple times now and stop pointing it out. That would be a nice break for you.

Fair. Looking at maps (without the clear distinction of Caribbean Sea) Barbados was so far east of St. Lucia/St. Vincent that I, wrongly, assumed it was outside the Caribbean Sea.

The original point I was trying to get across was that Barbados is so far east that, even if technically bordering the Caribbean Sea, the waters around it are very different from say St. Lucia, St. Vincent and especially Curacao.

Back
Top Bottom