Carnival Celebration -Your own gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesstotheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be sailing on a Carnival ship in September & I'm diving only on one stop (it's only a 5 day cruise). Has anyone brought there own gear on board? How does Carnival react to hauling your gear off the ship for that day & then back on?

When I went to the Bahamas last year I only took my regulator, mask and fins.

Pack as much of your own stuff as you have room for would be my advice. But for me, I'll only take the above mentioned...

jesstotheocean:
I will be sailing on a Carnival ship in September & I'm diving only on one stop (it's only a 5 day cruise). Has anyone brought there own gear on board? How does Carnival react to hauling your gear off the ship for that day & then back on?
Carnival has no issue with you hauling your own gear anywhere. They x-ray all bags coming back on the boat. You do the humping. I would not recommend this for 1 day of diving. My advice- rent and have fun.

Always take your own gear, if you're fortunate enough to own it all.

You want an excellent dive experience, right? So why not guarantee that your gear will fit, be well maintained, and be familiar to operate?!

This is a matter of opinion, of course, but my opinions are usually the correct ones. :wink:

theskull

I've always taken my own gear too. I would even for one dive. One thing you can leave at home is your dive knife. If you do take it, when you get back on the ship security will take it away and return it to you at the end of the cruise.

I've taken all my own gear before and never had an issue with it... The only thing that they will take if you bring is a knife but will return it at the end of the cruise so that was a waste.

I figured... I own it - know it - so best to dive it for me!

I was on the Celebration last Feb. and brought my own gear (didn't get to dive after all that schlepping, but that's another story). The others are right though: Do not bring your knife on board. But security has seen all that other dive gear before in their x-ray, so it is not a problem.

Security took 1 of my knives when they spotted it on x-ray but gave it to me for my dives. I just had to recheck it with security when I got back on board. They didn't notice the other one I used to carry in my BC pocket. So much for security actually working - only keeps the honest people honest. Nice fuzzy feeling of false security everyone :) Do yourself a favor & bring all your own gear - except weights. Nice knowing your equipent is maintained & works. I actually humped all my dive gear including weights on a cruise :-( Won't do that again with the weights!

PS: I now carry EMT shears on cruise ships as they have no issues with them.

In May I was on the Carnival Elation. Took all of my own gear. Had no problems except for finding a spot to dry exposure suit and BCD without making my wife agrivated.

fmw625:
In May I was on the Carnival Elation. Took all of my own gear. Had no problems except for finding a spot to dry exposure suit and BCD without making my wife agrivated.

So It is decided, I'm taking all my gear except my weights & a dive knife that I do not own yet. I'm so excited to be diving in Florida :) I'm doing a dive in Jacksonville the day before we set sail & then again in Key West.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom