carricou

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are booking a house/apt. Vrbo.com still looking for the right one. Lots of options. Affordable.we have done it this way the past four years. Never disappointed. Trip advisor is good also. Under vacation rentals.. let me know how your trip goes please chilli

There are a lot of options. We stayed at Las Tortugas, not cheap but a stunning view to wake up every morning and it comes with a car for 3+ day stays. Our original choice was north of Hillsborough. Looking back I'm glad we stayed near Tyrell Bay. Good restaurants, 2 dive shops, and a few grocery stores. It's a bit touristy but we were tourists after all! Plus Henrietta's bakery was just down the road for our villa. Very nice to get fresh bread on the way to our morning dive, even though it seemed I was interrupting her with my order lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added March 18th, 2015 at 10:39 AM ----------

Some villa options:

Simply Carriacou accommodation, villa rentals, hotels, guest houses and apartments
Vacation Villa Listings | Down Island Villa Rentals - Carriacou | Caribbean vacation villa rentals in Carriacou, Grenada, The Grenadines, West Indies

As we normally do on Caribbean trips we took down a cooler of frozen meat as well. It was very nice of SVG air not to charge for the extra bag both ways. The $100US I saved partially covered the customs fees that we got hit up with in Union and Carriacou.

I always thought the villa "No Worries" looks really cool with a stunning view being at the highest point on the island, but my wife was having non of it. It's a bit small but in the summer the breezes would make it a nice spot.

Last edited:
Mike what kind of hoops do you have to jump through to get a cooler of meat through customs. Its a great idea and wondering how i can take advantage of it

ZERO hoops.

But then I usually don't declare it. I use a beer can cooler inside a regular suitcase. I place dry ice over the meat (covered with a dish towel)once it's in the cooler the night before. Drops the temp of the meat to -50 or something along those lines. All meat is vacuum packed.

I've declared in Caymans(2x), but not in the T&C(2x), Barbados(2x) and Grenada (Carriacou actually). I did at Union Island but they didn't care. The way we arrived the next morning Sherwin took us to the customs desk at the Marina in Tyrell Bay.

Funny (or not) was the in-depth search of our bags at the "airport" in Union Island. I guess the fact there were 2 baggage agents for a teenty tiny airport they felt obligated to tear into our stuff.

Rum is SUPER cheap on island. I kicked myself for not getting DF in Barbados but when I hit the stores on island..wow that's cheap. even for the good stuff!

I loved Carriacou!! Beautiful island. Good diving. Delightfully quaint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom