Carry-on luggage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spend the last 3 months traveling in Asia and no problems with wheels. Hong Kong does have a new hand check for carry ons going to the US, directly or indirectly.

Thanks all.
Nuther question occurs to me. Lately my job involves installation/inspection of egress system components in fighter jets. Things like shielded mild det cord, initiators, ejection seats etc. ie., boom boom stuff.
Although unlikely, it is possible that there may be traces of these materials in my hair, skin, fingernails etc.
Will this be a problem? Will there be dogs? I haven't flown anywhere since 9-11.

fishoutawater:
Nuther question occurs to me. Lately my job involves installation/inspection of egress system components in fighter jets. Things like shielded mild det cord, initiators, ejection seats etc. ie., boom boom stuff.

So Fishy, it's you who can show the passengers from rows 8 through 72 how to get off the plane before my connecting plane leaves? Would these ejection seats work at Gate #6 at Newark?

Although unlikely, it is possible that there may be traces of these materials in my hair, skin, fingernails etc.

The big secret? Wash everything with Prell shampoo.

Will this be a problem?

I would suggest you hold out for the invasive cavity search. (So all of a sudden I notice that he's got both hands on my shoulders....)

Will there be dogs?

I think they prefer the title of flight attendants.

I haven't flown anywhere since 9-11.

Not according to our video tapes, Fishy.

I am not a scientest and have absolutely no clue as to the why's of the TSA, but just a regular normal shower (IOW what you do everyday) would be sufficent. Yes there may or may not be dogs. You probably would have to have been working with the stuff very recently and not cleaned up for them to sense it. Check the TSA website and they will give you a list of acceptable and unacceptable items and amounts. I just flew in from Cozumel yesterday and had to throw away my toothpaste because it was 4 oz instead of the allowed 3.4 oz size. :confused: Have some 1 quart plastic sealable bags for your liquids (under 3.4 oz size though), keep them out so they can use their highly trained senses to determine their validity and go own through...all of course having your tickets checked three times.
The real problem that you will have going through TSA is not allowing your blood pressure to explode due to the sheer ludicrisy of it all. I just smile, do what they say (THEY ARE THE JUDGE, JURY, and EXECUTIONER) they hate pilots and can ruin a pilots career faster than a heart attack.

>Lately my job involves installation/inspection of egress system components in fighter jets.<

Possibly, I've not seen dogs looking for explosives but I've had false hits on the explosive detector tests .. sadly the techs have not been able to tell me what is causing the hits but I suspect it is either some of the cleaner or waterproofer that I use on my knapsack (my carry-on itself) or something used to service my regs which go in the carry on.

gregorio:
I work for a airline company here in amsterdam.
Never heard of it.
Simple solution, read the name on the pay check stub. See if the name clicks, if not, at least you will have heard of it then.

Carribeandiver:
Simple solution, read the name on the pay check stub. See if the name clicks, if not, at least you will have heard of it then.

:huh:

Edit: A pay check? Never heard of it!

Sorry, i think i got the joke now (English is not my 1srt language)

Thanks again RoatanMan. You do have a way of inspiring confidence in me. I'll just prelube my crack just in case. :mooner: :dance_2: (itsforthefatherlanditsforthefatherland) And Milkbones for the "flight attendants". Gotcha.:bang: Piece a cake.

Thanks Gregorio. I'm seeing now that RoatanMan and my friend that just came back from Amsterdam have very similar tastes in humor. Methinks he may have been just tweakin my nads.:kicknut:

RoatanMan:
So Fishy, it's you who can show the passengers from rows 8 through 72 how to get off the plane before my connecting plane leaves? Would these ejection seats work at Gate #6 at Newark?

The big secret? Wash everything with Prell shampoo.

I would suggest you hold out for the invasive cavity search. (So all of a sudden I notice that he's got both hands on my shoulders....)

I think they prefer the title of flight attendants.

Not according to our video tapes, Fishy.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom