Carthaginian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got the new issue of Sport Diver yesterday and there were a couple of pictures from the Carthaginian. It says "it shows signs of new coral and scores of juvenile fish tucked into the steel arms" and "I almost swim past it, but my buddy stops and points out a camouflaged frogfish".....so I guess it started to attract some life...hoping to hop over in the near future and take a look myself :)

Dove it last month, very little growth, very few fish... kinda boring, only interesting thing was was that there was a frogfish on each mast, and one good size eel on the front winch assembly.

Unless you just want a deep dive, 97', I personnally would not waste the air.

Mala Pier is an outstanding shore/boat dive in Lahaina, whitetips, frogfish, eels, cowries, u-name-its, 1000's of nooks and crannies...

Funny, when Mark (Howard4113) and I dove it last November, we were both amazed with the amount of life on and around it.

There were some larger jacks that both had us wishing a) we spearfished and b) we had spear guns with us. :)

Also, there's a reef (that I've yet to see) in ~105' direct off the stern that apparently has the most fish per square inch several instructor friends have seen off Maui's shores. I'm trying to find a time to go and check that out... maybe once I have a rebreather-buddy. :)

Maybe I should give it another try, could have been one of those days....

howard4113:
Dude I bought a boat -- I'm taking the course, and looking at several Draegers.
Patience my friend.

M
I hated the draegers, a lot. That Inspiration is awesome though.

howard4113:
Dude I bought a boat -- I'm taking the course, and looking at several Draegers.
Patience my friend.

M
Hahaha!

So now you're looking at buying a Drager? Wow... you must have LURVED that first dive! :D

What didn't you like about them, Al?

KrisB:
Hahaha!

So now you're looking at buying a Drager? Wow... you must have LURVED that first dive! :D

What didn't you like about them, Al?

Well I don't know about Al - but I had a HUGE bottle that made the whole device feel like something that the Marquis de Sade would be proud of. The giant hoses sucked - very restrictive. Going upright was like turning a fire hose (of air) on my mouth. Buoyancy control - hey what? But I can see the potential. Like 3 hour dives. Critters don't spook as easily and it is a lot quieter.

M

Back
Top Bottom