Casa Mexicana & BlueXTSea trip report, June 1 - 7, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know 6 divers per DM is how they operate. There is also a larger boat, not sure if they use it on the night dives though...

FWIW, most of the "six pack" dive boats around Cozumel are actually eight packs.

great review!

One funny note the VW's from Isis are a lot newer then that. The one we had was from 2001 I believe.

We were there during the same time frame and went by ISIS office and arranged for two VW's on Monday. After waiting for 45 minutes beyond the designated time I went to the front desk to call them. When they found our our problem they had us 2 cars there within 5 minutes at the same price from another vendor. ISIS is recommended alot but our first experience with them was not positive.

We did not have any problems with ISIS. I believe other rental places offer similar rates - Less Pay in Barracuda offers the same rate if you mention their 'on-line' special...

Regarcing # of divers, this is from their website:

All packages with Blue XT~Sea include:

Ž» Tanks, weights (Nitrox available at additional cost and proof of EAN certification)
Ž» Purified water, juice and light snacks
Ž» Fresh water shower/camera rinse on board
Ž» Dry towels and Rain/wind parkas
Ž» In-water divemaster
Ž» Covered boats
Ž» Dry storage on the boat
Ž» Hotel pier pick-up (downtown pier and all hotel piers south of town)
Ž» Complimentary valet gear service includes rinsing and storage each day (except wetsuits)
Ž» Computer diving (bottom times are based on individual air consumption and computer allowances)
Ž» Fast boats, maximum 6 to 8 divers (larger groups can be accommodated upon request)
Ž» Divers are grouped by experience levels to the best of our ability
Ž» Long, relaxing surface intervals at the beach
Ž» Personal service from myself and my team
Ž» Flexible scheduling (when possible)
Ž» No additional charge for Columbia, Maracaibo, or northern reefs with a minimum of 4 divers (based on experience levels and conditions)
Ž» Boats are equipped with DAN O2, first aid kit, cell phone, and international marine band VHF radio

Several ops on Coz, and definitely any that I'll use, limit the number of divers. Cattle boats suck. :shakehead:

Hi Andre, yes I'm the Jay that was with Amy on the boat with you guys.

We did not have any problems with ISIS. I believe other rental places offer similar rates - Less Pay in Barracuda offers the same rate if you mention their 'on-line' special...

Thats because you had our cars :rofl3: Just kiddin. We can agree we both had a great dive op!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom