Casio G-Shock Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Folks,

short history from wikipedia:

"The Frogman is a high-end model of the Casio G-Shock line of watches. It was one of the first models of the "Master of G" line, a line of G-Shock watches designed for special uses. The Frogman has an asymmetric shape and is attached eccentrically on its straps. It is specially made as a diving watch for scuba divers and is the only ISO 6425-compliant G-Shock line with a 200m Divers rating."

Also includes Dive Time Measurement Mode to measure the total time spent underwater, time spent on the surface (surface interval) as well as memory log to record dive times which are essential functions for any avid diver, unfortunately they can't connect to PC to download the dive history.

bye

Yeah, I currently have a G Shock, I have had for years. But I had a Frogman and loved that watch until I lost it at Manatee Springs in Florida, :( . I really miss that watch!

Sorry, I missed this back when you originally asked.

What is a time recorder?

You push a button and it records the time. It stores a bunch of waypoints until you reset it. I've found it useful for dives for recording various points, for example during a cave dive:

Time of descent
Time to tie off primary
Time to first navigational decision
Time to second navigational decision
Time to turn pressure
Time to buddies turn pressure.
Time back to second nav.
Time back to first nav
Time back to primary.

It gives a great snapshot on how long certain events take or what time they occur during the dive to analyze it later and make more detailed plans for follow up dives.

Can the G-Shock Frogman be used as a bottom timer ?

The Frogman has a "dive mode" where it shows actual time, time you started the timing and elapsed time.
When you stop the dive timer, another timer starts to time your surface interval. However, it doesnt tell you your depth.

If by bottom timer you're thinking of something like the Uwatec bottom timer, then nope, you cant use it for that. However, if you just want your dive time and surface interval, then it'll work. Alhough any G-shock or Timex with a stopwatch function would do the trick.

You may want to look at the Citizen Aqualand though.
Citizen Promaster Aqualand | Gear Patrol

The Frogman has a "dive mode" where it shows actual time, time you started the timing and elapsed time.
When you stop the dive timer, another timer starts to time your surface interval. However, it doesnt tell you your depth.

If by bottom timer you're thinking of something like the Uwatec bottom timer, then nope, you cant use it for that. However, if you just want your dive time and surface interval, then it'll work. Alhough any G-shock or Timex with a stopwatch function would do the trick.

Yeah.... What he said!

Decided once to get a G-Shock with altimeter, graph that plots pressure over time and depth gauge. That think broke in less than 6 months. That was my first and last Casio.

You might want to be careful clicking on that link. My work computer is about to explode because of a Trojan that was detected. Only scuba.com and that site were open when I started getting messages about trojans. Now I get to try and explain this to my IT department.:D

They are good but I got rid of mine and just have an Oceanic Atom 3.0 now. It is my dive computer and watch all in one.

Back
Top Bottom