Catalina, Avalon 3-26 report...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Nesher, have fun in Fundies, I'll look forward to your feedback and experiences! If you're in the area, come out and dive with us.

Doc

I agree, you should come join the fun! And since Nesher lives up in Santa Rosa there is no good excuse :)!

Yeah Nesher - If us valley people can make it, you have no excuse! Good luck with fundies, it's a great class; you won't be disappointed. :D

Thanks for the trip report.

I'm doing a GUE Fundamentals Course in LA middle of August and the last two days are on Catalina.

I didn't know what to expect but now I can look forward to it with great anticipation.

Take lots of pictures on your next trip down there.

Dive Safe

Nesher,

There is no rush for me to dive Catalina in April, I can do it every three months when my school goes on break, might choose July...

When I do go I will take lots of video and pics, the place is just beautiful...

I'm planning on doing Fudies soon, just waiting to get in some more dives on my doubles, there is no rush on my end, completing Essentials at least gave me the foundation...

We should get together and do a dive... :wink:

Kristina,

I would be more than happy to plan a trip down to Catalina with you. The diving is simple and beyond beautiful, please quote me on that...

My brother has two separate rooms so you would have a cozy room to yourself and so would I...

My friends come first and you are my friend and I would welcome you in a heart beat, you are also very sweet person and a good diver...

Kristina, the diving can be done in a wetsuit 7mm, too easy like walking in the park...

I will look at some other dates...

MG

Nesher,

Welcome, and have fun with Fundies! We have a huge number of DIR and non-DIR divers in the area who love to have new buddies, so I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to hit the water before and after class.

Nesher in cold water?!?!

This, I've GOT to see.

Way to go!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Kathy, Anti-Hero, Mike G, and Gombessa - Thanks for the warm welcome. I really look forward to meeting and diving with you in the near future.

Kathy is helping me get squared away and prepared for the Fundies course. So I'm excited to meet some of the local GUE divers. I've got thousands of questions about everything.

So there really is no excuses.....

Fisheater - You've got me ROFL. Yes, the prodigal son returns.

How are you doing, man? You and I will be in touch...for sure. Are you still doing the PEACE trip Dec 2010?

Let's talk and set up something for Monterey

O? It will be good diving with you again without traveling thousands of miles to do so.

Kathy is helping me get squared away and prepared for the Fundies course. So I'm excited to meet some of the local GUE divers. I've got thousands of questions about everything.

We all had thousands of questions when we first encountered the DIR path, and if you are like me you'll continue to have many, many questions :).

Having just come through the Fundies process, I'm very happy to share my experience and answer what I can to support your passion for more training.

But others who have responded to your post have been my mentors and it is always valuable to hear multiple perspectives.

I welcome your PM's, but please don't feel shy about posting threads here on the NorCal forum to hear our collective thoughts :).

Last edited:
Great report, MG. Glad to hear that you made the game day decision to dive Avalon. It's quite nice, huh?

Nesher, welcome. Definitely post your questions in NorCal, we have a friendly group of DIR and non-DIR divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom