Catalina, Avalon 3-26 report...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report, MG. Glad to hear that you made the game day decision to dive Avalon. It's quite nice, huh?

Nesher, welcome. Definitely post your questions in NorCal, we have a friendly group of DIR and non-DIR divers.

Hey Don,

Thanks for reading my report, I want to also say thanks for mentoring me. What I learned from you during Essentials not once but again with Gregg and Erik really laid down some great foundation for my later diving.

Then the there was the mini's double class where you gave me my first ocean dive in doubles, what an experience.

Don, Avalon is just beautiful and I can honestly say having your class made the difference, putting on rental gear can be questionable at times, but your training pulled me through. :cool2:

Thanks,

MG

Mike... I think you'll like diving the park even more on your next trip when the dastardly introduced Sargassum has died off.

Nesher,

There is no rush for me to dive Catalina in April, I can do it every three months when my school goes on break, might choose July...

When I do go I will take lots of video and pics, the place is just beautiful...

I'm planning on doing Fudies soon, just waiting to get in some more dives on my doubles, there is no rush on my end, completing Essentials at least gave me the foundation...

We should get together and do a dive... :wink:

MG

Mike G:

Hey I'll be in So. Cal 21 - 27 Jun 2010. While I'm there I'm going to recon Catalina in prep for the Fundies.

If you're down that way during any of those days. We can set something up and do a day or two of diving together.

Let me know if you're interested.

Nesher

Mike G:

Hey I'll be in So. Cal 21 - 27 Jun 2010. While I'm there I'm going to recon Catalina in prep for the Fundies.

If you're down that way during any of those days. We can set something up and do a day or two of diving together.

Nesher

Nesher,

Yes I will be down in June on those days, however, I will be diving the Northern islands on the Conception, Truth Aquatics... June 25-27... :D

So I will be thinking about you and your exploration on the Southern end... :wink:

Dr Bill,

I heard about the bloom of algae that took up most of the viz at Catalina. I however, was spared and got really nice viz up to 40+ feet...

Is this a natural species of kelp or nuissance algae that has taken up root?

Will it be up on the Northern islands? Or is it indigenous to the Southern chain of islands?

Thanks,

MG

Mike G:

Nesher

Come over to the socal forum (or better yet, join us at The Dive Matrix!) and let us know you'll be diving in the area. Would be nice to meet another of the Norcal DIR crew (especially one who's taking GUE classes with Steve :D).

Come over to the socal forum (or better yet, join us at The Dive Matrix!) and let us know you'll be diving in the area. Would be nice to meet another of the Norcal DIR crew (especially one who's taking GUE classes with Steve :D).

Hey,

Being that you are in San Pedro, how often to you dive Avalon? What is a good place for me to hook up with DIR divers in that area?

Would love to be hosted by some DIR divers that would like to show me some nice spots, looks like you might have some insight?

Thanks,

MG

Hey,

Being that you are in San Pedro, how often to you dive Avalon? What is a good place for me to hook up with DIR divers in that area?

Would love to be hosted by some DIR divers that would like to show me some nice spots, looks like you might have some insight?

Thanks,

MG

Mike,

Like Nichole said. Go post your request in the So Cali Forum :wink:

Hey,

Thanks,

MG

Hey Mike,

Come over to the socal forum (or DMX). We have lots of local (active) DIR divers. Most of us do a lot of local shore diving with some Catalina or dive boat trips as well. The majority of us are happy to meet other like-minded divers. So if you're ever in the area, let us know! I may not be able to promise the dive park or a boat dive, but a local shore dive (conditions permitting) are a definite possibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom