Catalina Conservancy Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LSanchez:
Too hard?
I am also a recent CCD training grad. Some of the people in the training class did find it a little difficult. It can be really strange to suddenly multi-task under water if you have never done so before.

But, like all things on SCUBA, a little practice goes a LONG way! I also volunteer with Orange County Coastkeeper and remember vividly my first couple UW experiences with their kelp program... but it got so much easier with practice!

If you are interested in helping give back to the local marine environment and want to meet great people too, give a dive volunteer position serious thought!

WEEKDAY volunteers:
Orange County Coastkeeper
Santa Monica Baykeeper
San Diego Baykeeper
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper

WEEKEND volunteers:
CCD

7 DAYS a WEEK:
Aquarium of the Pacific

San Diego Oceans Foundation has a variety of programs too. Check with Noelle for their program info.

This is NOT a comprehensive list. Corrections or others to add, anyone?

Debbie

kelpmermaid:
Just wondering, after checking your profile, but how new to diving are you? There are slates and other items to keep track of on research dives, if that's what you are wondering.

I've been certified for a year with about 25 dives. I was just wondering if it was intended for students (college) with a real understanding of biology, etc.

kelphelper:
If you are interested in helping give back to the local marine environment and want to meet great people too, give a dive volunteer position serious thought!

WEEKDAY volunteers:
Orange County Coastkeeper
Santa Monica Baykeeper
San Diego Baykeeper
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper

WEEKEND volunteers:
CCD

7 DAYS a WEEK:
Aquarium of the Pacific

San Diego Oceans Foundation has a variety of programs too. Check with Noelle for their program info.

This is NOT a comprehensive list. Corrections or others to add, anyone?

Debbie

Thanks for the list, and to kelpermaid for the link to the CCD site - will check these out!

LSanchez:
I've been certified for a year with about 25 dives. I was just wondering if it was intended for students (college) with a real understanding of biology, etc.
Not really, I hated every biology class I ever took and followed the lecture without a problem.
It's geared toward fish identification and how to count them, etc. You don't need to know anything going in if you're willing to learn and if you are a marine biology student, it's a great real life supplement to your classes.

Back
Top Bottom