Catalina long term storage options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bober99

Contributor
Reaction score
Does Catalina have any long term storage like Public Storage or something on a month to month basis. It seems a good way to dive Catalina is to store all your gear there and fly into the airport, get your gear and go diving.

I know the freight service out of Avalon will ship stuff from San Pedro for $10/100#s and store it free for a day or two. It seems possible to store you stuff in LA then have the freight service take it over when you need it then take it back to LA to store.

However, getting the stuff to/from the storage unit to the freight service is a hassle unless it can be done over the phone. Anyone know of such a service?

Renting seems an easier option, although a bit more expensive for frequent divers.

I'm not aware of any long-term storage options here on the island. Have you asked the baggage service if they will hold gear for extended periods of time? The only monthly storage options here that I'm aware of are through the Island Company and are taken by residents.

Dr Bill,
How long can you leave stuff in the dive lockers? Renting scuba gear isn't a problem but getting an inflatable boat would be more difficult. It seems cheaper to rent a plane than it is to rent a boat. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom