"Cave Cut" DUI TLS 350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisnycdive

Reaction score
The time has finally come, after too many months of renting, to buy a drysuit. Yippee! After much thought, I've decided on DUI's TLS 350. I like everything about it, expect that I feel it's a bit baggy. I've read a fair amount of postings on Quest and Techdiver about the "cave cut" and wonder if it's something I should consider.

Proponents claim it's a better fitting, slicker suit, which creates the least drag. The way a suit should fit to begin with. DUI's response to my inquiry was a vague...."The drysuit is cut closer to the body. Since the TLS fabric does not stretch - it does limit the freedom of movement." You also have to sign an agreement. Hmmmm.

Has anyone had direct or even indirect experience with a cave cut DUI suit? I'd appreciate any comments pro or con.

TIA,
Chris
:confused:

I've never owned a DUI suit, but the WKPP asked DUI to come up with that cave cut. I suspect the reason they wanted it was for scootering efficiency. This is only my guess. I, too, saw those posts on Quest, but wasn't paying too much attention to them.

Good luck.

Mike

You may want to call EE and ask them. I have spoken with Dave Sweetin and Tamara on other things and they have been very informative and friendly. I think they would have answers to your questions.

You can also post the question on Quest/Techdiver, I usually get some pretty good responses.

I do not know anything about them myself, good luck.

Tommy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom