Revive an old DUI TLS 350 (Zipper, Latex allergy) - need advices & tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_20240509_092024~2.jpgIMG_20240509_092027.jpgIMG_20240509_180947~2.jpg
After the suit remains dry I did a wrist update. I had plenty of glue etc. from the previous work as left overs. so I installed SI-Tech Quick Cuff Oval rings. I had to cut away a bit of the arms. Therefore I inserted the rings into the arms in reversed direction as far as possible. Then I shortened the arms with 1/2" distant the inserted rings.
Glued with Unitec Watersports Glue (with hardener) in the way as shown in the Drysuit Project videos on YT and taped with Aqua Tape from Beaver. Finally, a small Aquasure seal on the inner side of the ring for some extra sealant and as peeling prevention.
Now the interchange of seals and the Rolock 90 of my winter drysuit Waterproof D10 is possible. Most of the time I dive my DUI summer drysuit with seals instead of drygloves, so this may be a seldom event.

In the next days I also install a pocket on the right thight. I got some original DUI zipper pockets from old stock (2009). I gonna also add them to my wetsuits.

By the time I feel like confident with drysuit repair work ;-) Kind of relaxing but the vapors are definit not healthy..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom