Cave diver drowns - Jackson Blue Springs, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
JACKSON COUNTY, Fla. ( WMBB ) — A diver has drowned at the Blue Springs Recreation Area in Jackson County.

Jackson County emergency services officials tell us two cave divers were exploring the area at about 12:30 p.m. when one of them got caught and could not return to the surface. The man’s partner attempted to free him but could not and returned to the surface to get help.

County officials and a rescue diver attempted to save the man but their efforts were unsuccessful and he drowned.

This is a developing story and we will have more information as it becomes available.

That's a tough deal to leave your buddy.
Almost impossible to do I'd say. Very traumatic.
I assume by being "caught" they meant either entangled or stuck behind a restriction?
I was thinking caught in a restriction.

The unfortunate irony of this situation is the job titles of both the victim and his buddy.....
Not that ironic. Nobody is infallible, we all F up eventually…it’s just a matter of who survives it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom