Cave Diving closest to South Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easy. you are now minutes away from the best cave instructors in the world and the World HQ for TDI (www.tdisdi.com). If you want to go cave, TDI is the agency. Give them a call and tell 'em you saw it on ScubaBoard! personally, if it ain't salty, it ain't for me. :D

I think, when it's a bit of a schlep to get to caves, you ought to do whatever you can to get your basic diving skills to cave level before you play in the overhead. I would highly recommend taking an Intro to Tech or GUE Fundamentals class as a first step . . . once you have mastered the buoyancy, trim, and non-silting propulsion, as well as air-sharing procedures, you will be much better prepared for a cavern or cave class.

At that point, there are a lot of good instructors in Central Florida. I have multiple friends who have trained with Jim Wyatt; I personally would also recommend Mark Messersmith of GUE, who has an excellent reputation as a teacher, and is one of the world's nicest people.

cave training sites are getting pretty crowed right now. many of the caves in cave country are closed due to water levels. even Ginnie (a class 1 spring) has the silt fence up to keep the tannins from blowing out the Devil.

expect training sites to be crowded if you take a cave course In the near term.

also if you decide to train up at Ginnie I highly recommend staying at the Cadillac inn. it looks pretty run down but the beds are comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom