Cave diving in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear that there's a lava tube under south point that runs for a long way, as a mile or so. Bozanic pulled a few new species of shrimp out of there.

There are caves here on TBI, or call them lava tubes if you will serious enough to kill very experienced people I knew. Don't take that as a voice of doom, I hope you get some good buddies and ideas where to look.

Yeah Gerard, I wanted to go dive that back room of Three Room Cave with Chuck and Keith a while back. . .
(So btw what happened to Dive Tek and what are those guys doing now???)

Hey Kev -

Long time no see. With the cost of fuel these days and how sketchy business has been here in Kona we don't get down to 3 Room much any more. DiveTEK shut down last summer :depressed:. Keith isn't in the diving business any more; Chuck and Colin are working for other operators here in town.

Every time I think I want to buy a boat my wife tells me to go wax the cars. Seems to have work so far (sensible woman that she is) :eyebrow:

Thalassamania:
I hear that there's a lava tube under south point that runs for a long way, as a mile or so. Bozanic pulled a few new species of shrimp out of there.

If it's the one I've dove it's about 270 meters long. If not .... where? :D

The lava tube at three tables goes back about 200ft. It narrows to a point where it is no longer passable with doubles and from what I saw it appeared to continue to narrow to nothing.

Apparently some open water certified divers did die in there a number of years ago.

I don't cave dive so I have no idea where it is. Jeff just mentioned it to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom