Cave Trip 2-20 thru 2-22-9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even with the icicles on your wetsuits it was a perfect weekend for me :) Heck, my drysuit even kept me dry! And you know how often that happens!

Last edited:
Beat me to the punch on the full sized dolly thing I see... Haven't gotten into hot-rodding and modifying it a'la "cut-chop-rebuild" but you put the plan into motion. I've been working up some ideas for mine and thought about leaving one at Wild Bill's with a coded lock for the WCDC members. Makes those walks in the woods easier on the back.

Jealous again, nice report. I'll let you know when I'm headed east.

Here are a few pictures from the first two days of diving.

Shagman

f2cb04c0.jpg

The Little River had a lot of Green Hair Algae...rumor has it that an Algae Monster has been spotted lurking in the deep. I was able to get a quick shot of this elusive creature.
1b9f65e7.jpg

Getting Ready to Dive Little River
3f9f3fa7.jpg

Is that a deco tank or are you just happy to see me???
36b940d8.jpg

Bugman is just chillin
eaeb95c9.jpg

Shagman lurking in a cave
7d570c2a.jpg

Glenfwb (ME) enjoying a cavern moment
20dcceb4.jpg

I have more to post....like Bugman said, it was a great weekend of diving. We dove 5 new cavern/cave sites over the weekend....we had a blast.

One more story from the weekend. The trailer we rented for the weekend had the movie "The Cave". We decided to watch it to see the exploding POV and diving sequences we had heard about. The story was pretty silly, but the diving was nice and they had some good underwater photography. We knew Wes Skiles and Jill Heinerth did the underwater photography so we watched the "Special Feature" on the DVD. The special feature by Wes and Jill was extremely interesting. It was Wes and Jill telling how they filmed the underwater segments. We watched this movie Saturday night.

Sunday morning Shagman and I go to Orange Sink and then to Peacock. I get in the water first at Peacock. There is one diver floating in the water at Peacock and she is waiting for the rest of her dive team. Since this was me and Shagman's first dive at Peacock...I asked this diver about the cavern at Peacock. She gave us good information about the two cave entrances and where the Gold Lines are located. Her voice sounded awful familiar....turns out I was floating in Peacock speaking to Jill Heinerth. She was there teaching a class that day.

Shagman and I couldn't believe that we had just watched the movie the night before...then we end up in the water with her that morning. I wanted to speak with her after our dives, but she was working with her students doing some post-dive analysis, and I didn't want to interupt her.

I really like the images taken from the shadows where you can see the light streaming down.

I am counting down the days till I can make it back to Cave Country - 11 days and counting.

Thanks again.

Very good pics Glen, they turned out fantastic!

I want to see the "suit standing up" pic!

Glen, your camera skills rock! Thanks for taking the time to process and post those. Very cool story.

Back
Top Bottom