Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things were kinda 'looking up' about right here.........Brac 2011...

13784449705_6611baccc3_o.jpg
[/URL]tube sponge from below....Brac 2011 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

I know this is late to the party, but GoPro allows the camera to be mounted and run upside down. Look at all that available space under your tray.
dmooore-------------Way to go.......THAT's what I'm trying to figure out ie where/how can I put a GoPro on my rig, a Canon S95 in a FIX housing.. ......here's a pic, anyone have any good ideas???..........tia......

20110128001.jpg

---------- Post added May 8th, 2014 at 02:19 PM ----------

Hi,

I just spent most of the day going through this thread. All the images posted are outstanding and I am not worth to post here... This thread has also made me a little sad that I have not returned to the Cayman Islands in 20 years. It's a shame, but life happens and dreams get squashed.

However, there were some posts about the Divi Tiara Resort. I stayed at the Divi in 1994 for seven days. It was part of a 12 days package that myself and three other dive buddies booked through PADI travel. It was my first real dive trip after being OW and AOW certified a year earlier, so I wanted to have the best trip at a reasonable price.

Fast foward to last year 2013, and a fellow photographer on flickr contacted me and wanted to use some of my images of the Divi Tiara in a video he was working on. I granted permission, but I don't think he used any of my images.

Here is video he shot and narrated. It is almost 40 min. long but I think those that have stayed here will enjoy this interesting. Its truly a sad video, to see what has happened to this beautiful resort.

Cheers,

[video=youtube_share;7KGf4J8pcVY]http://youtu.be/7KGf4J8pcVY[/video]

---------- Post added May 8th, 2014 at 02:24 PM ----------

Caman Brac, Divi Tiara Resort, circa July/August 1994

FyshEye----haven't had time to look @ the video(will do in a few minutes though), but thanks for the info on the GoPro, didn't realize that......Any idea what kind of a mount I'd have to get for that tray.....I've got a friend that got one last year & will need to look @ the 'attachments' that came with his unit.......Again, thanks for the info.....

EDIT:...I just skimmed thru the video---interesting & thanks for sharing it......

Last edited:
OK, this is the final result. I don't know how well it will work but am willing to try and find out. Adding the strobe really clutters the set up. I am willing to try using the video lights for both the GoPro and the still camera. Wish me luck as this is my solution. The macro lens and the filter for the GoPro and using the video lights for both.

photo.JPG

dmoore, looks pretty good....but help me out, what lites do you have mounted??(I can't tell from the pic).......

---------- Post added May 9th, 2014 at 05:52 AM ----------

Trumpetfish........Brac 2011.........

13784220954_858efacee9_o.jpg
[/URL]trumpetfish....Brac 2011 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's a few from my old pics with the Divi still intact:

These.

GoBe+ 700 Wide

dmoore, looks pretty good....but help me out, what lites do you have mounted??(I can't tell from the pic).......

Gotcha you.........one more help out---what's the setup in the middle right over the camera, that's what I'm really having trouble seeing......tia....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom