Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too many great pics to try to keep up with.

Looking ahead @ my Flick site, the next 5 or 6 days will have 2 similar pics of basically same 'subject'.....(I luv pulling that trigger UW.:)).....ie

EDIT--C'iac, ya'll going the 1st part of April???.....If so, the countdown has OFFICIALLY started....We are ~ 100 days out till we leave for Rangiroa------CAN'T WAIT....!!!!...

15550788769_253b2e5c3a_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_0653 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

15712985726_99cf82c466_z.jpg
[/URL]IMG_0654 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
EDIT--C'iac, ya'll going the 1st part of April???.....If so, the countdown has OFFICIALLY started....We are ~ 100 days out till we leave for Rangiroa------CAN'T WAIT....!!!!...

Yes, headed to Cayman first part of April, Rangiroa sounds fantastic. Did you make your own itinerary or going with a group or booked through a dive/travel company?
I definitely want to hear how it compares to Hawaii. We've been to Hawaii a number of times and heard that French Polynesia makes Hawaii humdrum, but people often exaggerate.
I've considered a (French Polynesia) Gauguin cruise, we would still try to dive every day, that area is on my bucket list.

p.s. I lived at Ft. Polk in the military in the 70's, as I see you live in SW Louisiana. I have some strange memories of your State, chiggers,scorpions and seen every kind of snake that lives in the USA. Have some good friends from that tour, don't see them any more. There's some nice people in Louisiana...and some of the opposite as well.

Yes, headed to Cayman first part of April, Rangiroa sounds fantastic. Did you make your own itinerary or going with a group or booked through a dive/travel company?
I definitely want to hear how it compares to Hawaii. We've been to Hawaii a number of times and heard that French Polynesia makes Hawaii humdrum, but people often exaggerate.
I've considered a (French Polynesia) Gauguin cruise, we would still try to dive every day, that area is on my bucket list.

p.s. I lived at Ft. Polk in the military in the 70's, as I see you live in SW Louisiana. I have some strange memories of your State, chiggers,scorpions and seen every kind of snake that lives in the USA. Have some good friends from that tour, don't see them any more. There's some nice people in Louisiana...and some of the opposite as well.

Daughter & son-in-law & wife & I are headed there(not part of any other group)......Our diving travel agent made the reservations for us--we actually found the rates(they were VERY good) -staying @ Kia Ora over the water, that's what I can't wait to see.....Will dive with Top Dive & just waiting to shoot the passes--also will visit Pink Sand Beach & Blue Lagoon as afternoon excursions, hopefully will get some drift snorkeling in on those 2 trips....

EDIT-lol, I know what you mean about that latter group, I've met my fair share of them too...heck, you might be talkin' bout some of my relatives..:)....Father-in-law worked as a civilian @ FP back in those days--but he's one of the 1st group you spoke of...

M0013338.jpg
M0013336.jpg
Sometimes you can find a spot no one dives. My buddies all went to Little Cayman, a dive I knew would be a crowded mess, so I stayed on Brac. A long walk to the little key rewarded a spectacular dive. Drift to Burts Brothers exit, you'll run out of air for sure, it's a long way. If you complain about things, don't go. It's rough terrain and negative attitude will result in failure. Take a big water bottle. I'll call this dive Twilight Zone. Once your in, there is no getting out. The locals call it the Window because of the small cave on the bluff face. Like Mikey says, "try it. you'll like it" Cheers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom