Question CCR for recreational depths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would one of these rebreathers be able to replace my conventional OC scuba for diving at recreational depths?
No. As previously explained, you can't descend below 20FSW without increasing your risk of toxing.
However, I love my SF2 rebreather for recreational depths.

NO FREAKIN' BUBBLES!!!

Fish abhor creatures farting out of their face but if you're on a rebreather, they'll let you get incredibly close without having to hold your breath. I also get to hear more of the reef sounds I missed on OC. Picasso!

I noticed that to. Snorkeling, solo, I have fish schooling with me, like I'm a floating log for shelter. That was a blast.

Never had that diving.

Reactions: OTF
An AL30 of dilout, is all I need for redundancy in a quarry. So just the rebreather itself might be fine, quite often.
I don't think those words mean what you think they mean. You're a single first stage failure away from unrecoverable issues.

Thanks. My quarry time is mostly ndl. For real redundancy, id sling my AL40. I think I might always sling one. It didnt clutter my diving like I thought it would.

Isnt a Choptima just one dill bottle away, from the military rebreather the OP is talking about? Does anyone dive them extra light? Like one LP50 on the back.

Reactions: OTF
My quarry time is mostly ndl. For real redundancy, id sling my AL40. I think I might always sling one. It didnt clutter my diving like I thought it would.

Isnt a Choptima just one dill bottle away, from the military rebreather the OP is talking about? Does anyone dive them extra light? Like one LP50 on the back.
You described a single AL30 of dilout as redundancy. It is not.

The RD1 isn’t a military rebreather and thankfully we as recreational (and I use that word to encompass everything from you through the divers on this forum doing 120+M dives) divers don’t need to operate under the same conditions as military teams.

Do some people dive the Choptima (and Spirit and Sidekick and Triton) solo with a single diluent first stage between 40 and 80cf feeding their bailout, wing, drysuit, donation gas, and diluent? Yes. It is a very intelligent thing to do? No, not particularly. Certainly not something to do any deeper than a lazy CESA depth.

I'm guessing given the location I know the answer, but who is teaching this?
Nobody. Just something I tossed together to get an idea of diving doubles. Theyre neat. Weight of a singles rig, but redundancy.

I didnt bother installing the cross bar isolator, and just tossed an extra spg on. Baby doubles are as big as I can go without a dry suit. Or so Im told.

I have a set of hp100s and some bands, for later, when ready for that.
I lack the training for tec, valve drills and whatever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom