Cebu Dive Op Reccomendations Sought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This isn't funny. It's the fifth time my grandmother has died (this year). Maybe work won't give me the time off (what, one holiday a month is too much!) but it's worth a try. Through skillful use of national holidays and my days off, I'm trying, yet again, to take a week holiday for diving. I'm hoping to hit Cebu in mid-September. Two questions:

1) What's the weather like? The airfare is certainly right!

2) What reccomendations can you all-knowing, all-wise PI divers offer for that locale?

Maybe I should claim my brother is getting married (again). Of course, at the rate my siblings are "getting married," I guess we all have a common ancestor a lot closer than the 8,000 years ago that researchers now claim.

Thank you

jeez Pao, didn't have enough coffee this morning to be your usual energetic self...?? maybe a little more specific recommendations for Rik???

Rik, while you wait for the replies to come flowing in, do a quick search on "Cebu". There were a good number of posts recently which included recommendations for dive locations around Cebu and specific dive shops. I'm sure the good folks of the PPD will start posting shortly...

Ok. Still waiting to be innundated. Got my days off, just need an op or two. Malapascua looks interesting, but I don't want to wander too far away from Cebu. I was hoping something local, not 2 1/2 hours away, but thanks. I'll be staying at Plantation Bay (not, I'm not rich, prices are pretty good, plus great package deals here in Japan). Can anyone recommend some ops, please?

7 Seas Aquanauts runs the dive center in Plantation Bay and they operate 3 other dive centers in Cebu. There are only 3 dive centers I dive here in Cebu...7 Seas , Scubaworld and Liquid Assets. Dive Hilutungan,Nalusuan, Talima & Tinggo pt. The first 3 are Marine Sanctuaries and the last is famous for Thresher sharks. These are all in Mactan just 20 min boat ride from Plantation.

Enjoy your stay in Cebu and be good.

Thank you, thank you!!!
That's the stuff...oh yeah.
Just what I was looking for. I'll check into the above recommendations right now.
A thousand thank yous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom