Cebu Pacific cuts baggage allowance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was at the airport last weekend: YUP... baggage allowance cuts are down to 15KG for both domestic AND international flights...

"some" good news: baggage allowance is 15kg for the turboprop planes as well (as opposed to 10kg for asian and seair)

excess is also now pegged at 100/kg... my teammates who left friday for tacloban paid 8,000 (!!!!) in excess because of all the stuff they had to bring... talk about being robbed AND raped...

think anyone can make representations to Cebu Pacific regarding baggage for sports tourists - just like PAL's sport thingee...

Jag

ninja:

one thing about cebu pacific... they're NOT YET strict about carry on luggage... i was able to bring my full-sized backpack on board last weekend and didn't have to queue up for checkin baggage

so consider THAT when you pack for a dive trip... if it's only a couple days (or you don't pack big/ heavy) then i humbly suggest you cram what you can in a mid-sized backpack or trolley and hand-carry that on the plane... then save the 15kg for your dive gear... technically you can carry a hand-carry AND a camera/ laptop back (and in the philippines a paper/ plastic bag of pasalubongs) on board w/o anyone giving you any trouble... there's still a way to play this smart

Jag

watch out Jag, they might start weighing passengers as well... :mooner:

:joke:
hey asian spirit and seair DO!

i had to get weighed on a video shoot-cum-dive trip down to busuanga...

i can tell you THAT was a tense moment :rofl3:

we were lucky it wasn't a full flight... with u/w video gear AND dive gear + personal stuff we were all over the 10kg limit...

Jag

Solution = don't travel with them. Eventually they will get the point that dive tourism is valuable.

excess is also now pegged at 100/kg... my teammates who left friday for tacloban paid 8,000 (!!!!) in excess because of all the stuff they had to bring... talk about being robbed AND raped...

think anyone can make representations to Cebu Pacific regarding baggage for sports tourists - just like PAL's sport thingee...

Jag

Yesterday I sent stuff by Cebu Pacific cargo and I was charged Php 40/kg. Total weight was 106 kg for about 2 sets of scuba gear and my personal stuff. I paid about Php 4500.

It took me the best part of an hour to this. The cargo will be waiting for me when I fly off today. I will just have back pack full of camera gear on board.

was at the airport last weekend: YUP... baggage allowance cuts are down to 15KG for both domestic AND international flights...

one thing about cebu pacific... they're NOT YET strict about carry on luggage... i was able to bring my full-sized backpack on board last weekend and didn't have to queue up for checkin baggage

so consider THAT when you pack for a dive trip... if it's only a couple days (or you don't pack big/ heavy) then i humbly suggest you cram what you can in a mid-sized backpack or trolley and hand-carry that on the plane... then save the 15kg for your dive gear... technically you can carry a hand-carry AND a camera/ laptop back (and in the philippines a paper/ plastic bag of pasalubongs) on board w/o anyone giving you any trouble... there's still a way to play this smart

Jag

I checked Philippine Airlines web site. They still have 20kg allowance for check on. Anyone know how strict they are with carry on? I've only flown with them a couple of times as they usually have higher fares. I guess I'll have to do a little math to see which airline is cheaper but by the time I fly either one could add on any sort of fee of course.

Thanks. Jason.

Yesterday I sent stuff by Cebu Pacific cargo and I was charged Php 40/kg. Total weight was 106 kg for about 2 sets of scuba gear and my personal stuff. I paid about Php 4500.

It took me the best part of an hour to this. The cargo will be waiting for me when I fly off today. I will just have back pack full of camera gear on board.
hey gordy, where's the cargo office in the new terminal? it is in the new terminal right?

at 40/kg it's worth the extra hour in check-in (and 1/2 hour at the destination)

and how'd 2 sets of scuba gear hit 100kg? you brought tanks?

Jag

I have flown 11 legs with Cebu Pacific in the last 3 months and I just flew with them yesterday but had luckily booked with them in August. My gear bag is consistently 23 to 26 kilos plus I have a back pack(regulator/dive computer, books) and computer. I will now have to start looking at alternative means of transportation... Fortunately my schedule is not too tight and the ferries might not be a bad way to get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom