Central Ontario Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetman...

I think my younger cousin met you and your buddy during your dive in Campbellford. He was telling me about it on Thanksgiving weekend, and that the two divers he was talking to, found a bag of lottery tickets.

There is a small quarry outside of Campbellford, but I have no idea how deep it is etc.

It would be a fair drive, but the Rideau system offers some good diving as well. The zebra mussels haven't cleared the water as much as other areas yet though.

Yes, he drove up in a pickup as i remember.

I have heard there are some interesting spots in the Rideau. If i knew of any spots that were truly good spots it would be worth a drive. But its a smidge far for some experimental stuff. Also heard the ottawa has some good ones as well.

Does anyone know how many on this board are from central ontario?

steve

Originally posted by wetman
Does anyone know how many on this board are from central ontario? steve

Last count I had for folks in Eastern/Central Ontario is an even dozen. Although most of the charter companies are pulling their boats out of the St L by the end of this month -- anyone want to get together and do a shore dive, or just meet? Send an e-mail, and I'll co-ord if you're interested. Who's going to UWC at the end of the month - perhaps we can meet there????

Hey Bio Guy -- picked up the book you told me about the title is something like "Fish in the National Capital Region" not a bad book for the price. Interesting to see what fish should found around here. Thanks.

DivingGal....glad I could help with the books. Other than fish, good field guides seem to be tough to find, that encompass the entire freshwater ecosystem of these areas.

A shore dive sounds like a good idea. Could even be an exploration dive in any of the lakes in the area. Keep me posted.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom