Certification in Kyushu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm a student who's going to be based in Kumamoto for the next three months for me internship programme, and I was thinking about getting a starter scuba certification there. Unfortunately, considering the fact that I'm there on an internship, that doesn't really leave me with a lot of time to do it. So, I'm hoping that you guys could give me some suggestions for dive shops that provide certification courses in English that I could attend on week ends or so.

The only English instructor I could find on the web based locally in Kyushu was Frederick Carlo, but he's informed me that he's since moved to Hokkaido, and considering the fact that going to Okinawa would involve a flight, I don't think that's a very good idea. Tokyo's quite a ways away by train (7 hours or so), and there's also the same problem with taking a plane, so I'm pretty much out of ideas.:(

Still, whatever ideas you guys can pop in with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!:wink:

Do not know anyone who teaches in English in that area - there are a few places in Tokyo or you can come visit us in Okinawa. You can complete academics on line before heading down for a long weekend of diving.

I saw this too late, but there is a native English [and French] speaking, as well as Japanese, diving instructor who has been doing it since 2006 in Kagoshima, next door to Kumamoto. That person is me!! I'm a Canadian living in Kagoshima.

Kagoshima rocks, as it has similar coral/fish to Okinawa without the crowds. Come check us out everyone!

Back
Top Bottom