Certified !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations!

And here is something to think about for your future wet suits:

HangAir® Drying System - Electronic Hanger » Underwater Kinetics

I bought one of these years ago to use with my motorcycle leathers. It works great on leathers and wetsuits. It dries my wetsuit in just a few hours. It's mostly dry after just an hour or two.

Congratulations and welcome to the 70% of The Water Planet that relatively few get to see firstthand

Hello RJP, and thanks ... LOL ...

I have something to tell you ...

So now you know that you helped another student who is so far away, at the other end of the ocean. :)

Great to hear. And thank you...

Ray

Sandie7...there is a very easy way to avoid the cold like that in the future. Get a dry suit with good thermals...LOL!!! I dive in water temp's ranging from 36° F to 58°F and my dry suit is my second best friend next to my wife who is my favorite dive buddy.

Congrat's on getting your OW!!! Keep diving!!!

Sandy,

When we're diving cold, we bring coolers of hot water to the boat. Most of us are in dry suits, so we dunk our hoods and gloves in the hot water between dives, but you could just pour hot water into your wet suit.

Obviously, boiling hot's not a good idea.

Sandy,

When we're diving cold, we bring coolers of hot water to the boat. Most of us are in dry suits, so we dunk our hoods and gloves in the hot water between dives, but you could just pour hot water into your wet suit.

I was introduced to a similar setup back in October. I was doing a skills workshop and the instructor brought 1 gallon bottles of hot water in a cooler which we poored over our drysuits and heads which did a really nice job of warming us up after the dive.

Awesome! Congratulations. I hope that you will continue to grow as a diver and do more diving and training. A new chapter has opened in your life so enjoy and keep us updated!

Sandy,

It sounds pretty good, but - probably I am exagerating - can't the shock of the hot water when you are freezing raise the chance of decompression disease ? I learned that hot baths after diving are dangerous .

---------- Post added December 22nd, 2014 at 05:25 PM ----------

Awesome! Congratulations. I hope that you will continue to grow as a diver and do more diving and training. A new chapter has opened in your life so enjoy and keep us updated!

Thank you so much. No doubt I will continue to grow as a diver. Yesterday it was my second dive, and it went pretty well ... still have trouble descending. Managed to be 40 minutes under water at 18 meters, when I felt cold. Water at 14,8ºC - 16,2ºC closer to the surface. I saw several new fishes !! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom