Chain of custody; insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have yet to find a place that will let us use the pool free of charge but we are still looking around for the best price.

Maybe a little "outside the box" thinking is in order here. Perhaps you can get someone to trade you pool time for training time. You can teach swimming lessons and/or snorkelling can't you? Maybe a free intro to scuba course for the pool patrons? Community involvement and exposure can be a good thing.

Maybe a little "outside the box" thinking is in order here. Perhaps you can get someone to trade you pool time for training time. You can teach swimming lessons and/or snorkelling can't you? Maybe a free intro to scuba course for the pool patrons? Community involvement and exposure can be a good thing.

Good idea. Did not really think about this.

The local FD has the best compressor that Bauer makes, according to Bauer, which is capable of providing Class E air. Recent tests of the FD air have shown it to be Class D, which is not good enough for SCUBA. My viewpoint is that, if my divers develop lipoid pneumonia and I know that we have been using Grade D air, then I and the county will be in a possible liability/workmen's comp situation.
Air fills at the LDS are $12. No breaks given

The local FD has the best compressor that Bauer makes, according to Bauer, which is capable of providing Class E air. Recent tests of the FD air have shown it to be Class D, which is not good enough for SCUBA. My viewpoint is that, if my divers develop lipoid pneumonia and I know that we have been using Grade D air, then I and the county will be in a possible liability/workmen's comp situation.
Air fills at the LDS are $12. No breaks given

What is the cost to get the compressor up to Class E standards?

What is the cost to get the compressor up to Class E standards?
The compressor rep states that the air should be Class E now. Perhaps all that is needed is a filter change, in which case the FD would pay for it. If an upgrade was required, the FD would charge EMA, and the EMA doesn't have the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom