Chance of hurricane in the Bay this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
The storm forum is hid away in Non-diving, so just in case you haven't followed weather forecasts - a Tropical Wave has upgraded to TD#15 with expectations of making hurricane in the Bay. For anyone headed that way this weekend, you did know that this is storm season when you booked, right? It's still too early for concern, but it would be prudent to have trip insurance that will cover a storm not yet named, and to consider backup plans. Hits are rare, but keep watching...

Now upgraded to Tropical Depression Fifteen with forecast to make hurricane strength this weekend and maybe head up the coast from Honduras, by Belize, then the Yucatan peninsula - subject to change. That would be a low grade hurricane but a worst location path. On the other hand these cyclones have unpredictable futures; it may fail, it may spin off on a new path, it just might follow today's computer guesses, and of course there is another possibility.

I don't know if these will auto update after it upgrades to Cat-1...?
at201015_5day.gif

at201015_model.gif

Aw man I hope this stays small, heading to Utila in 2 weeks. Go north TD#15 go north

Aw man I hope this stays small, heading to Utila in 2 weeks. Go north TD#15 go north
Oh hell, it'll be in Houston by then - and a Cat-1 is not a horrible thing for the island.

That's my hope. History, I arrived in Coz 3 months after Wilma, arrived in Bonaire 3 weeks after Omar. See my lucky trend. Either way the diving is better than at home.

Oh hell, it'll be in Houston by then - and a Cat-1 is not a horrible thing for the island.

True enough, but this one is making a very unusual SE approach to the islands. Could expose the South coast to some rare effects.

If it makes landfall on the Eastern Honduras Coast before it transits back into the Caribbean, so much the better!

Even if it wobbles which-ever-way, it it's going to make the Saturday 9/25 airline schedules a real sketchy proposition.

Seems I remember :hm: another "M" hurricane a few years back.

Tropical Storm: Computer Model Hurricane Forecasts : Weather Underground for weather maps

Thanks, and please keep posting updates, Don.

Yeah depending on what it does actually do, if anything, airlines will have have advisories and choices by Thursday or Friday. If it were to actually head for the Bay Islands, there would be options. Haha I've been delayed on Roatan before...

Edit: His new name is Tropical Storm Matthew

Last edited:
Yeah depending on what it does actually do, if anything, airlines will have have advisories and choices by Thursday or Friday. If it were to actually head for the Bay Islands, there would be options. Haha I've been delayed on Roatan before...
Edit: His new name is Tropical Storm Matthew

Lucky Dog, I've been trying to get Continential to strand me on Roatan for an extra week for over 10 years now---One day maybe!!:):)

Lucky Dog, I've been trying to get Continential to strand me on Roatan for an extra week for over 10 years now---One day maybe!!:):)

As I am sure there are many of us can tell you, a weather delay really sucks, even for those wanting to exit Northbound.

Unless you are into drinking in a rain soaked environment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom