Change valve zen xdeep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hcklo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello divers,

After 3 years and something like 400 dives the valve from my zen BCD Xdeep starts to be lazy.

What I mean is when I try to purge in the good position (head down, but up). I can't purge completly the BCD as I could when I bought it.

My questions are:

Can I repair it myself ?
Should I change all of the valve ? Just the spring ?
Does it need to be done by a professional? I am happy to do it on my own if I can do it.

Does anyone has a quick tutorial ?

Thanks for your help !

do you mean the k-valve of the inflator hose or dump valve? Dump valve spring is easy to unscrew and replace.

I think you mean the dump valve spring....if so just unscrew it and replace it....easy peasy

Think OP means the kidney dump valve (based on the reference of horizontal trim position).

Likely sounds like there is dirt in there, or it may just need to be replaced. 400 dives likely would have taken its toll. It's easy to do, probably the easiest thing to replace on a wing, no tools required.

Yes, exactly, I am speaking about the dump valve. Sorry for my broken English :))

Thanks for your help !

That is normally about as simple of a valve as there is (not having seen it I presume it’s a standard type) these normally can’t ”not” dump if it’s opening at all.

does the b/c hold air? Can you vent it when dry? This is also the over pressure valve so if you fully + inflate does it open and relieve over pressure?

most of these can be unscrewed, you’ll want to be sure that you are holding the inner flange well before you try to avoid twisting the inner bladder, if you can open it up look for debris or anything between the flat valve disc and the outer housing, make sure the pull string isn’t fouling the spring and that the spring isn’t rusting.

I open it without issue. The spring seems to have some calc. I put all the string/valve/spring into vinegar for the night will mount it tomorrow.

The bc holds air, just I can't completly empty it during the dive from the dump valve (the residual air is not enough to open the dump valve Wich imho means that the spring is a bit old. I hope I will be able cleaning the spring to recover his young days.

Any idea of the specs of the spring so I don't have to buy all the dump valve kit ? Bc is Xdeep

Thanks for your help

I open it without issue. The spring seems to have some calc. I put all the string/valve/spring into vinegar for the night will mount it tomorrow.

The bc holds air, just I can't completly empty it during the dive from the dump valve (the residual air is not enough to open the dump valve Wich imho means that the spring is a bit old. I hope I will be able cleaning the spring to recover his young days.

Any idea of the specs of the spring so I don't have to buy all the dump valve kit ? Bc is Xdeep

Thanks for your help
Contact them for the part if it’s needs replacement.

I would suspect there is something other than the valve causing this issue.

Contact them for the part if it’s needs replacement.

I would suspect there is something other than the valve causing this issue.

Any idea about what could be causing this issue ? Should I replace all the valve if the problem persist ?

Any idea about what could be causing this issue ? Should I replace all the valve if the problem persist ?
It isn’t easy to diagnose things without seeing it, how do you know it isn’t venting? Is this a wing or a b/c (no personal experience with xdeep) ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom