Change valve zen xdeep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is his wing. I have an xDeep zen wing...just get a new spring and plastic valve parts. The inner part is "welded" to the bladder....shouldnt take you more than 2 minutes to replace the parts...unscrew...remove....replace parts...screw back in...test function

It is his wing. I have an xDeep zen wing...just get a new spring and plastic valve parts. The inner part is "welded" to the bladder....shouldnt take you more than 2 minutes to replace the parts...unscrew...remove....replace parts...screw back in...test function
what In this design could possibly keep the valve from opening as much as it ever did? The base is part of the bladde, this part has the threads that the assembly screws onto, in the assembly is a disc that has a seat material which fits into a groove with a sealing surface, the pull string is attached to the disc. Unless the pull string is stretching or there is something fouling the space or the or the spring I can’t see it not opening as much as ever???

does this wing has a zipper in the cover?

what In this design could possibly keep the valve from opening as much as it ever did? The base is part of the bladde, this part has the threads that the assembly screws onto, in the assembly is a disc that has a seat material which fits into a groove with a sealing surface, the pull string is attached to the disc. Unless the pull string is stretching or there is something fouling the space or the or the spring I can’t see it not opening as much as ever???

does this wing has a zipper in the cover?
Yes it does but the cover has just a round hole cut out for the dump valve

As previously said, it has a zip.
The visual inspection gives nothing, the hole seems clean without any debris.
There was a bit of mineral due to the hard water (we said calcaire in french).

I know that the valve is not working perfectly well because when I dive and dump from this valve I can't completly remove all the air from the wing. I know this because I find a noticable amount of air and also when I purge from the direct system there is a large amount.

Nothing that makes imposible to dive but it is always nice to know that you can purge all of your boyancy device from one source.

I will try now to remount after cleaning the valve to see how it goes

Back
Top Bottom