Changes on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shocked2: Damn Dude! It ain't April Fool's Day is it? Jeez, that's a kick in the nads. You and Andrea will most definitely be missed :depressed:. I wish you the best for you Andrea's future. I have had nothing but the greatest and fondest times/memories of Vortex/Vortoberfest/Springfest because of the efforts of you and the staff. Where ever you may end up it'll be a plus for them. :lotsalove:

Now for a selfish question on my part. What, if any impact will this have on Vortoberfest; at least for this year and will you be there for this Vortoberfest V?
I hope so, cause if you are leaving the area, I would like for Vortoberfest V to also be a party for Shane and Andrea. What say ye SBers?

Thank you for all your kind words. This post was just to let everyone know that there is a possibility. There is nothing written in stone. I appreciate the out pour of concern, but, all is well and a replacement is not eminent. I will most likely be here for Vortoberfest V. I just didn't want it to be a shock when and if it happens.Unfortunately, I see I have created a shock in preparing for the inevitable future. Thank you again, and it touches me to see how much my being here has made a difference.

Shane you turned a place that a lot of us went to when we didnt have a choice to a place that we looked forward to visiting.. Not a small task with the way that place had become.. So yep.. You could use shock..

Yeah dude I been going there for 20+ years and I cannot ever remember the place being so professional and appealing not only to the first time diver but to the dive professionals that go there regularly. You have done a very commendable job. K

Thank you for all your kind words. This post was just to let everyone know that there is a possibility. There is nothing written in stone. I appreciate the out pour of concern, but, all is well and a replacement is not eminent. I will most likely be here for Vortoberfest V. I just didn't want it to be a shock when and if it happens.Unfortunately, I see I have created a shock in preparing for the inevitable future. Thank you again, and it touches me to see how much my being here has made a difference.

Thanks for that. Man I bet I was BLUE holding my breath. My ears nearly popped on that first breath.:D

Sorry to hear about your decision. The place looks better than it has for the last 25 years we have been bringng students. Wish you all the luck. Staff and Instructors of Gulf Coast Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom