Changing mix between dives on a Suunto Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JellyKing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ahoy,

I can't find explicit information in the manual, so I figure asking here will yield the fastest answer. In short, can I change the O2 content of my gas between dives when in Nitrox mode? I know that can't change modes within 48 hours of a dive, and that you can't change mix underwater, but what about when on the surface between dives?

For example, if your first dive is to 40m (130') on air, I'll put the computer in Nitrox mode at 21% O2. For the second dive that day, I'll dive to 20m on, say 32%. Will the computer be stuck on 21% for 48 hours?

Thanks in advance,
JK

ditto - just put it into nitrox mode and leave it there. Verify the mix before every dive and change accordingly. I think with the cobra it will switch back to air mode after 24 hours. I do not think this happens with the vyper and I know not with the vytec.

If I remember my manuals, you can change from Air mode to Nitrox mode during a dive series, but obviously, you cannot change the opposite direction. To change O2 percent, just go to the set menu, select nitrox, and change the percent. Also, after 24 hours, the O2 fraction will revert to 21%, but the computer remains in Nitrox mode.

Yes you can change your mix and PO2 between dives, but you cant change between, Air and Nitrox until you have completely desaturated.

Best is to set it to nitrox and just use 21% when on air, makes no difference to the deco times.

As others have said, yes you can change O2 % between dives. I actually do switch modes (air vs nitrox) for a given day. Why? So that when I go into the "Statistics" section in Suunto Dive Manager I can see how many Nitrox dives I have vs air dives. Why is this important? it's not- I'm just anal like that.

I too dive this computer and I (like everyone else) just leave it in Nitrox mode ALL the time and use 21% when I dive air.

I have made 3 dives in a day and changed mix % each time in between dives.

Back
Top Bottom