Channel Islands & Catalina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockie_diver

Registered
Reaction score
What are the best months for diving these locations?

What dive shops would you recommend?

Thanks
Jack

Any month with 28 or more days in it.

Now about dive shops. For Catalina, rent your gear here and take the Great Escape for a day of diving. Alternative, take the Catalina Express and dive the dive park.

For the other islands, Great Escape from Long Beach or the Peace from Ventura.

Speaking of the Peace... I really like the crew... great boat to dive off of... doesn't look like they have any Catalina trips planned, but some to the Channel Islands. They are dry docking after December 18th.

If you get a chance, dive with them. They have a full dive shop too...

http://www.peaceboat.com/

***No compensation was received for the above recommendation***

Your profile does not give much information about you. Are you native to SoCal? New diver, or, new to the area? Like the cold water? Hunter? Photo?

Lots and lots of choices here.

As to boats, I agree; the Peace is my favorite for crew, food, and an overall good time. GE is also a good boat and crew, a bit bigger than the Peace; the Peace typically focus's on the northern islands, while the GE are the southern islands, but on multi day trips, they go everywhere. You can also look to the Truth boats out of Santa Barbara.

My favorite months are the winter; November thru April. A bit colder, but generally nice conditions, great viz. If you really are looking for a warm summer day on the ocean, I'd stick to June thru September.

Back
Top Bottom