Charleston, Fossils, Sat. Jan. 24th, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reference for the fossil hounds ...

Will Megalodons be on display and for sale? Answer: Most likely. They were there and for sale in past years.

Events at Cypress Gardens

Hey Lee,
I hope to see you there tomorrow.
Bill

I was there. I even won one of the door prizes. Too bad it was a basket ball instead of polished dinosaur poop.

It was a small show but some of the finds that were on display (some for sale and some not) were incredible. I saw large pieces of mastodon, and mammoth jaw, intact heads from saber tooth, giant beaver and much more. Henry had a collection of meg teeth that had various pathological abnormalities (very cool). Some one had prints of a painting of a meg swimming for sale. Someone else had various pieces of "bone" etched with scenes. Others had finds that had been highly polished (sectioned and otherwise). Some of them were made into jewelry and others had display stands. Best of all there were many very experienced fossil hunters (divers and land based) there to talk to learn from and swap stories with.

It was definitely worth the trip if you were in the area. If you missed it this year plan to attend next year.

Too bad , I don't live closer, anymore, or I would have gone. Cooper River, & the area, hold a lot of treasures && history.

Back
Top Bottom