Charlotte diving? Private instructor for refresher?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eggman131

Registered
Reaction score
Do you know Charlotte well? Are you a certified instructor? I am going to be in Charlotte for the next three weeks for work and I'm interested in locating someone who is familiar with decent dive sites (lake/river) in the area (if they exist) AND, ideally, is a cert. instructor. My new job is with the airlines so my plan is to do a LOT of diving soon . . . I'm a New Englander and haven't dived in about a year. So, I need a refresher course (a quick one--I'm young and very comfortable in the water) and ideally would like to be checked out for night/advanced, etc.

Again, I'll be in Charlotte beginning tomorrow (19th) for 3 weeks M-F and will be in class daily 8-4ish, thus dive sites need to be within an hour or so of Charlotte (near UNC).

If you can help (or know someone who can!), shoot me an email at brianpboyle2004@yahoo.com or (preferred) call me at 617-513-5031.

Compensation TBD with VERY INEXPENSIVE flight benefits to the Caribbean possible payment (wink wink). . . :14:

Thanks!!

Brian

eggman131:
Compensation TBD with VERY INEXPENSIVE flight benefits to the Caribbean possible payment (wink wink). . . :14:

Thanks!!

Brian

If we can change that "possible" to a "very strong" possibility then I'll round you up an instructor! :D

Mel

suthnbelle:
If we can change that "possible" to a "very strong" possibility then I'll round you up an instructor! :D

Mel

Gee how quick we go from "you are always working, to here is a little more" when someone brings up thge carribean. LOL

brian, how about flights for your instructor's friends? :wink: bobby, who started your birthday wishes thread, huh, huh? :D

Isn't anyone going to get this guy in contact with Gerry???

Look up "Under H2O".

Here's his e-mail. he's usually available at the Bluestone quarry. Great guy who has dove/taught most of us answering this.

GerryPJr@aol.com

Now do I get the "finder's fee" deal on flights?

Hi Brian,

I'm a PADI OWSI, and I live in Charlotte. Just drop me a PM here or an email to tghjr@bellsouth.net. Gerry isn't too far away and is an excellent choice also.

Local diving is pretty much limited to lake and quarry. If you're interested, there's a local dive coming up on Sunday at the Lake Norman Quarry in Mooreville. It's a DAN treasure hunt and should have a good local turnout.

Drop me a note, and I'll do my best to get you hooked up with some good people. I'll be glad to do your refresher with you if both of our schedules permit.

Safe ascents,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom