Charter Associations - Watchdog or Price fixer?

Charter Associations- Watchdog or Price fixer?

• Watchdog

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Price fixer

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No opinion

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom R once bubbled...
The size rules dictate what safety stuff you must have.

Tom
Are you saying "Size matters" now I am in trouble.

I went to Buds on the Bay for a beverage earlier this week and I noticed a sign for a new dive shop on the same street offering free air. Anyone know about this shop??

I think I know the shop GTADiver.

The free air is only 14.7 psi and it comes with a lovely view of Blockhouse Island.

Thats funny Sneaky B, but I am serious when you drive down towards bud's (southbound) on the right hand side (west) there is a sign on an apartment building regarding the new dive shop. Take a drive down.

Cheers and Happy Leprechaun day
:coke: :coke:

GTADiver once bubbled...

Are you saying "Size matters" now I am in trouble.

I went to Buds on the Bay for a beverage earlier this week and I noticed a sign for a new dive shop on the same street offering free air. Anyone know about this shop??

What????

You came all the way to Brockville and didn't let me know. We could've done a dive in Prescott. Geez......

BTW, I have a good idea who is the owner of this new store opening up. This more than likely will be an extention of a business that they already have up and running.

divedude once bubbled...

So what you are saying is YOU did your home work and with a divemaster on board your good to go!!! what the h*ll does a divemaster have to do with Transport Canada regulations?
I think your homework just got a "F"

Touched a nerve eh?????

taz22 once bubbled...

BTW, I have a good idea who is the owner of this new store opening up. This more than likely will be an extention of a business that they already have up and running.
Free air ...they will be busy in the summer.

taz22 once bubbled...

Touched a nerve eh?????

Naw!

Just safety conscious. I've been around a while and seen some crap happen because people go around the rules.

I care because if something bad happens in Kingston, we all get tarred with the same brush.

About 8 years ago my wife was running the POW booth at Underwater Canada, A group of 4 guys went by the booth and Donna over heard them say " The guys in Kingston are jerks, I'll never go back there"
She stopped them and ask why they felt that way. They had had a very bad experience with a charter owner and never got to dive all weekend. So they had never come back.

I offered them a free day diving if they came to Kingston again and they have been diving here ever year since.

So misinformation like what you posted hurts charter operaters that try to do the right thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom