Charter Trip to BVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbwade76

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are leaving on 1/4 for St. Thomas and then onto a charter through the BVI. We have never dove anywhere but Cancun and Coz, are there sites that anyone would recommend? How about dive operators? We are fairly new divers, so safety is pretty important.

I live and work as an instructor in St Thomas USVI. If you are doing a charter that is not really for diving tanks etc could be a problem. I assume you will be picking up your boat in Road Town Tortola. There you can check with the charter company regarding diving. Several do rendezvous dives. Try Blue Water Divers. Many very nice sites. Don’t miss the Rhone. Good Luck

Many BVI dive ops will meet you at dive locations with tanks. I dove with Sail Caribbean Divers when we were down there this past summer and had a great time with them. They don't offer tank drop offs though. You can schedule dives with them and meet them at one of their pick-up sites. Don't miss diving the Rhone. The Indians was also a cool dive site with lots of fish and invertibrates. If you stop by Cooper Island Beach Club for dinner (and I think you should) have a Cooper's Dream for me.

Travel Talk BVI is a great source of BVI general info.

Have fun!

Jackie

Back
Top Bottom