Charter trips in the snow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome diving! Best Nanaimo trip I've ever done ... :D

Dodd's Narrows is my new all-time favorite Nanaimo dive ... I think we hit it just about perfectly.

Great vis, awesome diving companions, excellent weather conditions, and peanut butter pie ... my idea of a proper dive trip.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on my pics tonight as well. Would love to post some of Cheng's ... I think she got the best "people shots", especially of the scooter kids.

Day 1 - Cape Breton & Snake Island Wall (head'n south)
Day 2 - Saskatchewan & Snake Island Wall (head'n north)
Day 3 - Jesse Island & Dodd's Narrows

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Peter Guy:
Our last dive was a drift dive and about 10 minutes into the dive my buddy told me to buddy up with someone else. I guess he'd have enough of me (although he said he had a "P" emergency!)
Hey, I really REALLY had to P. :11: I was truly annoyed as I had went right before gearing up, too. I was going to try to make you stick it out for an hour that last dive, so I could live up to my reputation... we'll get 'em next time!

The trip was definitely a blast, and I'm glad Peter was willing to be stuck with me as a dive buddy. :shakehead Bjorn it was nice meeting you too, even though you ride a ZedX9. :rofl3: (I kid, I kid!)

Oh, and to the scooter boys... mine's faster! :D

pre-crash.jpg

kalvyn:
...Bjorn it was nice meeting you too, even though you ride a ZedX9. :rofl3: (I kid, I kid!)

That's what I get for trying to teach you to speak English :wink:

BTW, those are some mighty shiny knee pucks you got there. :rofl3:

jeckyll:
BTW, those are some mighty shiny knee pucks you got there. :rofl3:
Perhaps he should consider wearing them on his shoulders ... :shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Perhaps he should consider wearing them on his shoulders ... :shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ouch! That's just mean. Funny though :D

On the cape breton dive we dropped down the back of the heli deck and went through the hole to the right of the "no tresspassing" spraypaint in this picture:

1101306.jpg

We only did 8 minutes into the wreck, turned on time and having found ourselves a dead end, did 6 minutes out, gathered up the scooters and then had a lot of fun barrelling through the swimthroughs on the deck that you can see there and the ones more forward.

On the saskatchewan we scootered up to the bow and dropped into the forwardmost hole punched in the deck and then started working backwards. After about 9 minutes we came out through another door onto the deck again then turned and worked backwards. After we got out we repeated the same plan with a bit of scootering around and exchanging signals with other divers...

The saskatchewan was definitely a tighter penetration and the rooms were smaller, but at the same time there's so many holes punched in the ship that you could see an exit from just about anywhere. The Breton was a lot roomier, but it felt more like you were going way inside a ship.

Very nice Bob.

What percentage of your pictures "turn out"? Because that seems like you got a whole lot of good shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom