Cheap Dive Trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JillGadget

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
oK.. i CAN'T STAND this cold weather. Looking for an inexpensive trip to get away from this cold. Was down in the keys last month and it is too rough right now to go back. Any suggestions or hear of any deals? I don't need to stay in an elaborate facility (how long are you in a room anyway) My goal is to get away, dive, dive, dive oh, and relax. Thanks
Jill

We used Caradonna dive travel to plan an upcoming trip and I was surprised at how hard they worked to make things come together.

I'd give them a call to see what's going cheap short term.

Pete

I was down inthe keys a few weeks ago. 2 out of the 3 days where great diving.

Give up on your other post today? Manatees not making it?

Depends upon your deffinition of cheap. Now, I am notoriously cheap.

My SO, dive buddy, a.k.a.: "Herself" spends hundreds like you and I worry about nickels. Money falls out of her pockets that you and I could live on. Cheap for "us" is when we can fill up the Gulfstream in a foreign country and not worry about the US Taxes.

Okay- for you and I- the schlepps of the dive world? If the Florida deal is off the books, look at Nassau, Grand Bahama, Bimini, and Cozumel.

Must go now, I hear the jet being started. Ta-ta.

RoatanMan,
Thanks for that insight. Actually was thinking of a nice island setting then gave the manatee dives a thought. My theory is the cheaper your vacation (food/flight/room) the more you can afford to dive. Im a newbie and not comfortable or should say my stomach is not comfortable with 6 foot swells! Last month in Key Largo was a bust, only getting 4 out of maybe 10 potential dives in due to rocky seas. (the fish got fed though) You certainly have logged a lifetime of dives! I need to move south and do this every weekend!
Jill

JillGadget:
RoatanMan,
I need to move south and do this every weekend!
Jill

You can do that in Jersey but get a nice summer of local summer diving under your belt first.

hi, if you look for a good airfare to puerto vallarta i know there is a band b for 45 dollers a nite and 70 doller dives for 2 tanks. to make it cheaper fly into guadlahara and take a bus to vallarta. cheap flights from guad. and the states. just a suggesiton its 80 degrees and sunny in vallarta

the flights from Miami to San Jose, Costa Rica are around $450/roundtrip. The puddle jumper from San Jose to David, Panama is $100/roundtrip. Hotels start around $20/night. Lunch is $2.50, breakfast $1.50, and dinner less than $5. 2 tank dives are $125 and include everything, even lunch. My clients that have dove the Galapagos say that this is the same or better. The same with my clients that have dove Coco's. Not a far stretch, being that it is the same underwater mountain chain. Every time I see someone's photo album from the Galapagos or Coco's, I think to myself, yep... been there dove that... Check out my captains blog (www.scuba-charters.com/blog1), for our dives from Wednesday. One of the sites actually blew me away... after being here a while, that's hard to do...

Capn Scott

Jill,

Howdy fellow NJ'ian! We actually live on Bonaire now, but keep an eye out on Continental....They fly direct to Bonaire and if you check their website often you will be able to get a good price! On Christmas Eve I kept an eye and got my parents tickets from Newark to Bonaire 27 Jan- 4 Feb for only $329.00 plus tax per person! When I went to get their seats assigned I noticed there was only 7 seats left, so I'm thinking that is why it was so inexpensive.

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom