Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently ordered two 300 ct one-piece undergarments and booties from Ron for my wife and I. I'm 6'6" 200 lbs and he had a custom suit made for me at no extra cost. It fit like a glove and was perfect for our compressed 4mm neo dry suits. My wife's stock size was way too big, I wrote Ron and he had no problem having a custom suit made for her and shipped it even before the first suit had come back to him. All my emails were responded to in a professional and prompt manner and Ron went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. Not to mention that I paid a quarter of what I would have payed if I bought my undergarments from a local dive shop around here.

Order with confidence, it doesn't get much better than Ron

I just ordered 3 suits from Ron (2 Antartica suits, and 1 4-way stretch) damn these things are nice. I got 1 Antartica for myself and the other 2 suits for a buddy. That Antartica is pretty darn warm. I was hoping to dive it this weekend in 45* water but my dive buddy is going to be diving wet so I do not think we will hit the deep part of the quarry, so I do not think I will dive it. Oh and I also bought 2 pairs of his Polar Fleece socks and they are damn nice too. My feet kept getting cold wearing wool socks so I will throw these bad boys on and see if they do the trick. I sent a few emails back and forth with Ron and he was always quick to respond. Set up a personal auction that had the garments that I wanted, and shipped the same day that I sent my money. The Antartica is a little tough to put on becuse it is two layers of fleece but it is not that bad. I am glad that I decided to order from him...

Phil

Hey Phil,

How did your fusion go on over the antartica?

Hey Phil,

How did your fusion go on over the antartica?

It was a little tight with the Antartica and the Polar Fleece socks. It took some work to get my foot past where the velcro that hold the skin on near the ankles. It did fill the booties out better though, which was nice. When I wear just wool socks I still had quite a bit of room left in the booties. I have the tech skin on my fusion right now so it is slightly tighter than the lycra is too. Everywhere else was fine, it was just trying to slide the sock (which go up over the bottom of the legs of the Antartica, so it is extra thick right there) and undergarment past the velcro area at the bottom of the legs...

Phil

Just wanting peoples thoughts i'm 5'6 185pounds, 34 waist buuut 44 chest, just wanting recomendations on size. I know what ever i get will be a bit long but i can deal, i've spoken to Ron and being the great guy he seams to be, basically said he has none right now that will fit right. But i'm getting my trilam in a couple days and am without undergarment and am also without much cash so a bit oversized garment for the cost will be better then nothing

thanks in advance all

Would these be too warm for a hour long cave dive in 68-72deg water?

Just wanting peoples thoughts i'm 5'6 185pounds, 34 waist buuut 44 chest, just wanting recomendations on size. I know what ever i get will be a bit long but i can deal, i've spoken to Ron and being the great guy he seams to be, basically said he has none right now that will fit right. But i'm getting my trilam in a couple days and am without undergarment and am also without much cash so a bit oversized garment for the cost will be better then nothing

thanks in advance all

Gosh I do not know what to tell ya. I am 5'11" and 200lbs and the L Antartica fit me like a glove. My buddy ordered the Antartica and the regular 4-way stretch both in a Med and he is probably around 5'6 and 160lbs and the 4-way stretch fit great, but the antartica he had to get a large. You could always buy a XL and then take it to get altered. It probably would not add much to the cost. Still would be quite a bit cheaper than other brands of undergarments. A large might work for ya, but since you are so far away it may be better to order a little big and get it tailored for you.

Phil

thanks in advance all

Which size Dry Suit did you get? Did you go custom? Perhaps the undergarment may not be too "bunched up" or too long for you...

thanks in advance all

I would suggest a medium. I'm about the same height but smaller build and small is perfect for me.

Now.. I have lost some weight, and also took a lot of weight off my belt, and now in 52F water, I'm easily getting cold in the quilted 200g with crushed neoprene and a polypro liner. It's fine for about 15 minutes, then I get chilled. Going to add a fleece vest this weekend and see how it works out. My hands also get very cold, so this may be related, but I'm warm elsewhere (head & feet).

So.. if you are fairly thin, get cold easy and don't want to dive with too much lead, pay attention to the temperature ranges in the auctions, turns out they are fairly accurate after all.

Which size Dry Suit did you get? Did you go custom? Perhaps the undergarment may not be too "bunched up" or too long for you...

Its a custom (just not for me) its a display model from a local manufacture that never got produced but from all accounts its a top notch suit for a extremely good price, its a good 3 inches too long in the leg but everything else fits great so i will have it taken up at a later date (when cash allows) but for now my mate has some gators i can borrow if need be. the chest area is not tight but not extremely roomy, so thinkness may be an issue. i've tried it on with the scubapro undergarment and that seems pretty good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom