Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was planning on doing my OW portion of the dry suit cert this weekend. I don't think I will be doing it this weekend after all. In any case he got back to me and suggested a certain auction. I went ahead and puchased his suggestion. Thanks for the info.

Patience young grasshopper.

I had better luck reaching him through ebay instead of just sending regular email. Not sure why, but it seemed to work.

He's fast, but not that fast. LOL

Could somebody give me an idea of the sizing? I am 6'0 and 165lbs and the sizing chart just seems whack for me (looking at the 250 polartek) 2 LAYERS OF POLARTEC 250G/SQM DRYSUIT UNDERGARMENT -MEDIUM | eBay

MEDIUM

CHEST
INCHES
HIPS
INCHES
WAIST
INCHES
ARMPIT
INCHES
INSIDE LEG to bottom of cuff
INCHES

My chest is 40, inseam is probably more like 30 but 29 would be fine but my waist is 31-32in and it says 38 - can anybody let me know if that is the case and implications for fit if so (i assume he probably doesn't do custom fits)? Thanks

My garment has elastic in the waist. So chances are good you will be OK.

Sent from my DROID X2

I got my 100g thinsulate style last week. I too was concerned about the waist measurement (I'm about 10 inches bigger through the chest than waist) but as TNRonin mentions, the garments (at least the one I have) have elastic and the fit was just about perfect. Also very impressed with the quality, much nicer than I expected for $60. Haven't had a chance to test it out in the water yet though. Am looking for something a little less bulky than my double layer whites, and it certainly meets that requirement, but only time will tell if it's warm enough for me in the mid 40s waters around here.

I got my 100g thinsulate style last week. I too was concerned about the waist measurement (I'm about 10 inches bigger through the chest than waist) but as TNRonin mentions, the garments (at least the one I have) have elastic and the fit was just about perfect. Also very impressed with the quality, much nicer than I expected for $60. Haven't had a chance to test it out in the water yet though. Am looking for something a little less bulky than my double layer whites, and it certainly meets that requirement, but only time will tell if it's warm enough for me in the mid 40s waters around here.

It may be prudent to ad a little something to that set up. I take mine to 51*, but it is a little cool on the arms and legs. HTH.

He will also do a custom size for additional cost if he does not think you will fit in any of his sizes. I am waiting for one right now.

Thanks for the replies guys seems like this is vastly preferrable to spending $200+ for something from a name brand. I emailed him and if he is able to do a custom fit if necessary then it is all good.

Can anybody give me an idea what other product the 2 layer polartec is comparable to that is on the market? I'll be diving from 50F - 78F. I also have a probe/sharkskin polarfleece top thing so im not worried about being cold but might it be too much for some of the warmer diving where i'll wear a drysuit just coz i have one? Worth getting something lighter as well? My plan right now is to pick up a cheap polypro bottom/top from ebay and wear that underneath as a wicking layer. Thanks

EDIT: I should add when the water is around 78 or so the air temperature can be quite hot (85+) and i'll be diving in a RIB and the rides can be long (30 mins+) and you get wet. So it isn't idea to zip down suit but i've had times when gearing up with 5-7mm wetsuit + hood where i've almost passed out before getting in the water it is that hot. So in that case i'd either need a lighter undergarment or maybe just go with a polypro + sharkskin top plus sweat pants or just dive wet. What's the 100gm one like temperature range wise?

Last edited:
I am kind of surprised when reading people in Oregon diving a 100g thinsulate, and people diving 50F with 250g polartec. Are the undergarment he offers really that warm? I am having problem with 200g thinsulate in CF200 in Monterey. I am thinking 400g thinsulate at this moment.

What is the warmest model of all the model he offers? My local water is usually around 50F, can be as low as 45F, I haven't experience anything lower. Upper bound is like 55F.

Back
Top Bottom