cheap insulation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeyegregg:
Looking at the price of keeping warm in my dry suit has made me a little sick. Searching around for options I discovered that you can buy thinsulate fabric. Utilizing dear mom's sewing skills I could have 420 weight thinsulate underwear for about $60. Has anybody else done this? Am I crazy?

I don't know you or your mom well enough to have asked her to make me a set. It sounds like an OK idea though. I'll send my measurements :wink:

Joe

JKSteger:
I'm just glad to know that when I show up to a dive site with my "un-professional" undies that there are others of us out there.

Jeremy

First we had to worry about our BC's, then our regulators and our fins, then our drysuits, and now our "undies". Just pick a great color and a great pattern. They'll be jealous, and your mom will be in business.

adios don O

Man I'm slow on the uptake. Sitting here saying huh? what's he talking about and then it hits. I guess its always a good idea to pay attention to how one words things.

Don't feel bad. I'm sure others didn't get it right away either. It wasn't all that funny but I made myself chuckle

Joe

http://www.cdsportswear.com/

Carol Davis makes a couple different designs of polartec powerstretch garments. Same stuff thats used on some of the overpriced undies marketed by the drysuit companies.

I didn't read this whole thread, but I just got a set of 300 undies from Bob3 for $64. They are nice quality too. Shoot him a PM.
Jo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom