cheap pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only have 11 dives on my pockets, I tried to get them sewn on but the shop said they could not do it. So they gave me some glue to stick them on. So far so good.

Quick Stitch Sewing Awl

If you decide to sew them on yourself, you can get a sewing awl from Harbor Freight for $6. If you don't want to use the thread that comes with it, go to a fabric store and get some black heavy duty carpet thread.

The thread that comes one the awl from HF isn't waxed and it is a natural canvas color. A candle can take care of the waxing for you if you desire that. I am going to make my own custom designed pocket from an old garment bag that I have. It seems to be the same plastic back nylon fabric that my Dive Rite pocket is made from. I am going to use heavy thread from the sewing store so that the stitches will blend in.

I'm not a fan of cheap pockets. Especially if you're going to sew them onto your suit. There's nothing worse than trying to replace a blown pocket.

The golem pockets are great. Nothing posted so far is really blowing my skirt up. Ill prolly go with golem again.

I have the XS Scuba pockets on my 7mm wetsuit (which, until my recent drysuit purchase got a lot of use). They're a bit small, and need some of the typical modification to be properly configured (cut off the plastic loops and add a bungie), but they've held up nicely otherwise.

they're great! I can't help you with glue techniques. i prefer sewing. I'm sure a lot of folks here can though

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom