cheap waterproof cannister ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use the test plug and add a second stage to the tube, voila ambient internal pressure, no more problem.

Other than a bunch of turds I did get one decent response from airspeed press directly. I will post the granger link for the recommended part.

TEST-TITE Test Plug,Mechanical,T-Cone,2 In - Pipe and Test Plugs - 3EJN2|86385 - Grainger Industrial Supply

As a final note. I am very disappointed with everybody that responded to this post. Especially the member that was threatening to report me to the DEA and TSA. This is the DIY forum not the go to the store and buy it forum.

I've been on several forums where you have asked a question and gotten a fair number of responses. I don't believe you have ever thanked anyone for their help, but you have certainly been nasty in your replies, as in the quote above. Then it seems to turn out that your question was not always what you wanted to know....but of course people answered the question you asked, not the one that you really needed information on. Let me suggest you learn how to play nice. Because most of us who have tried to be helpful in the past are going to totally ignore you now. You are leaving a trail of distaste.

By the way, I really hope you don't think "carp diem" is anything close to "seize the carp." :)

Let me apologize for the turds comment. I was egged on by the TSA and DEA comment which might have been serious or in jest. I will give my design a go and see how it ends up working. Thank you for any serious ideas and also for the second stage idea which is actual quite ingenious.

I have used test plugs to seal both PVC as well as metal tubing and it works well. The plugs I used are the type that compressed a triangular shaped o-ring by tightening a wingnut. I attached it to the edge of a backplate and it works well. FWIW I once forgot a set of keys and had them in the pocket of my shorts. On it was the remote door opener. I never got below 30 feet but I was underwater for about 40 minutes. When I realized out my error I figured my remote was ruined. Much to my astonishment it opened up the door to my Tahoe. I pried it open and it was dry as a bone. Go figure but the key fob apparently was designed for absent minded guys like me.

Let me apologize for the turds comment. I was egged on by the TSA and DEA comment which might have been serious or in jest. I will give my design a go and see how it ends up working. Thank you for any serious ideas and also for the second stage idea which is actual quite ingenious.

A pvc tube is quite easy to make, along with pvc threads and caps, the hardest part will be finding an o-ring the right size to put over the threads, but I'm sure that can be done easily via the internet. Just go to home depot and have at it.

HOWEVER - not to piss you off more but if all you want to do is keep a key, some money and an id dry while diving in bonaire, for less than $10 you can buy many, many manufactured devices designed to do exacty what you want either online or at your local dive shop. People have been diving in Bonaire for a long time and people have been buying these little mini dry boxes/bags that are on a loop to go around your neck and tucked in your wet suit for years and years

Blue_Waterproof_Sealed_Dry_Bag_Cover_Case_Skin_for_iPad_Mini.jpg_200x200.jpg

A good idea also.

Not sure Id bring my ipad in it, probably safer in the unlocked truck or buried under a rock.

A great all purpose, compact, multi purpose waterproof container is a condom. No joke. I have them in my save a dive kit. Ive had my keys/fob in them down to 130 with no leaks.

You can double bag your items if you wish. Quick, easy and compact carry.

A great all purpose, compact, multi purpose waterproof container is a condom. No joke. I have them in my save a dive kit. Ive had my keys/fob in them down to 130 with no leaks.

You can double bag your items if you wish. Quick, easy and compact carry.

Pure un adulterated genius

Sorry, it does nothing for crabs. But it will keep your junk dry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom