Cheapest certificates in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhhhhh What's a compass? Is it that cute lil thingy that the needle spins around inside of with all those numbers? Damn, and I thought it went to some kind of exciting new board game! :wacko:

Just think, I'm about to be an instructor! Scary huh? =-)

-Dennis (Jerkasaurus Rex)

DivingJimi,

I'm not sure about the reputation and seriousness of these people: http://www.phiphi-scuba.com/diving/images/philey.jpg
but they advertise on the French scuba forum saying they offer free Dive Master internship.

I don't really approve of the method, and as I said I can't guarantee anything, I don't know them at all, but it might be worth getting in touch and see if they are true to their word.

PhiPhi is certainly a nice place to dive and if well chosen it can be cheap.

Don't worry mate, America is known for its Wankers, don't really undestand their problem with your question....try Utila in Honduras (bay islands), I have been told it is one of the cheapest places. Many places around the world also offer internships, where you work for the resort and learn you trade as you go along......this is good as you gain experience and don't have to pay much at all. You don't need to pay a lot to become a good diver/instructor, you just need lots of experience and knowledge.....try less developed countries around Asia or S.America, or even Queensland in Australia....basically places that have a big influx of divers year round are always looking for people to employ/train....and you pay them in diving work and not cash.....good for both sides....good luck

DJ,

I'm new to this and I agree with you. This snobby nose divers that think you have to take a home equity line of credit to pay for diving course are nothing but idiots that support those dive shops that think you have to give up a kidney to get certified!

There is a place called Utila near Honduras @ www.utiladivecenter.com and you can Dive Master certification for about $500.

Also, they have promotions with room and board. Good luck and I'll be going there this year to get certified for $159. So people that paid $375 or more can sit down and lick their wounds!

AngryDiver once bubbled...
DJ,

I'm new to this and I agree with you. This snobby nose divers that think you have to take a home equity line of credit to pay for diving course are nothing but idiots that support those dive shops that think you have to give up a kidney to get certified!

There is a place called Utila near Honduras @ www.utiladivecenter.com and you can Dive Master certification for about $500.

Also, they have promotions with room and board. Good luck and I'll be going there this year to get certified for $159. So people that paid $375 or more can sit down and lick their wounds!
Welcome to the Board angry, nice to have you here.
Im sure you will be a very competant and experienced DM at the end of your course. Good Luck!

AngryDiver once bubbled...
DJ,
This [sic] snobby nose divers that think you have to take a home equity line of credit to pay for diving course are nothing but idiots that support those dive shops that think you have to give up a kidney to get certified!

There is a place called Utila near Honduras
Let's see if I have this right.

So . . .so you don't have to "sell a kidney" you suggest flying to a Central American country, flying soviet block aircraft over water to experience old world charm of staying on an island that is mostly mangroove swamp, on the cheap, where electricity is rationed ?And if, for example, an OW student finds that diving just ain't right for him/her, what does a non-diver do with a week on Utila? Dawdle at the interet cafe?

Also, don't forget to keep keep enough cash to pay the various 'exit' fees you'll be charged on leaving--from $20 to $40 recently. It's different every time and you can get shaken down at several points. And don't plan to give blood for a while: Utila is on the Red Cross "banned" list.

As for me, I'll test a known market and pay for quality. I trust doctors from goods schools more than those credentialed in Carribean back-waters. I trust buddies who embrace this principal more than those who cut corners. With that definition of idocy, I'll glad be a dottering fool.

On the other hand, if you had to apply for a loan to get a C-Card in this country, must of us have been in your state of penury and you have our condolences. Best wishes in finding a better job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom