CHEAPEST PLACE IN THE WORLD to become a Divemaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The least expensive way is to find an independent Course Director and negotiate a deal that works for both sides.

phuonguyen, I actually read that deal wrong. Its not US$625 for the whole deal. Its an EXTRA 625 if you want to add on the internship portion at the end. The total cost was thousands of dollars. Also as Tortuga68 says the do make sure your certified for at least 6 months. I've had my Advanced for a while now so that would have been no problem for me, but as I said, I read the deal wrong so won't be taking this option.

Oh sorry, looks like I should have read the entire page - especially the small print at the bottom!

My advice is to get a very hands on intensive DM internship. My internship that I finished today (whoo hoo!! just waiting on my #) lasted 4 months but consisted of DM work every weekend and a month and a half of full weeks at the dive shop.

I was just lucky to have found an inclusive package with a pretty lax time limit to complete and a relaxed course director who's really easy going.

The least expensive way is to find an independent Course Director and negotiate a deal that works for both sides.

Doesn't need to be a CD. An OWSI upwards can certify a DM.

Unless you are referring to other agencies

But maybe that discussion would be beneficial?

In my experience the word "cheapest" seldom is part of any sentence that includes the word "Quality".

well said

well said

I'm starting to realise you might right! The more I look the more I'm thinking there is no such thing as a 'free' internship. I was thinking of either doing the DM course at Kho Lanta where they let you work off the cost of the course after finishing.... or just paying for a course in the Philippines cos I hear its awesome.

I've heard Malawi is very cheap. But you'd have to do all your diving in Lake Malawi which I have heard is really good, but you would not get any experience diving in the sea. Depends if it matters to you or not.

Back
Top Bottom