Chlorine Barge - Off Daytona Beach-Secret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried critcorr too.Seems that if it's not an obstruction to a shipping lane normally used to get in and out of port it gets missed or ignored.A few of the local wrecks don't make awois or critcorr even though they are sizable.I'll try to get out there this spring or summer and checkit out.This weekend is all ledges,we don't dive metal or concrete here too often during the winter due to big predators.

AWOIS is not a perfect source, far from it really, but if something has a chart mark it's often there. Oh well :)

WW

Once I've converted the#s.I've had 90% of my tries come up within 50 feet.If the # were within 5 miles of the main channel.

Blast from the past...

FWIW, I stumbled across the sinking report for this vessel. It is not an artificial reef, but there is an explanation for the bars welded across access hatches, etc. Its a fairly recent event, so I am surprised the wreck is viewed as a closely guarded secret.

Gotta wait until my new book comes out early next year to get the full story though...

:D

Cheers,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom