choosing a mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have you tried the cressi focus?? Its a smaller framed mask but does not have quite the same field of vision.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...ok...i think i have narrowed it down to the Aqua lung Mythos...mares x comfort or tusa platina...now one more question..out of these...(they all provide wide view...right?..)So...as far as a good seal...Which would you suggestt....sorry i am such a pain in the bum...but just want the best fit and view..thanks
mel

As a few posters have mentioned if you want the best fit a mask is something you really need to try - you can get an idea of likely candidates and increase your odds of a "sight unseen" fit by asking questions, but you really don't know for sure about fit or how you like it otherwise without trying it on.

hodgson:
There is a minor nit that I have with the Mythos. The strap is REALLY thin. I'm wondering how long it's going to last before I have to replace it. None of the LDS have straps that thin. I may have to cut one down to fit it when the time comes.

You might find a "slap strap" with the velcro band will fit.

Damselfish:
You might find a "slap strap" with the velcro band will fit.

I have bad luck with velcro. But I'll take a look. Probably better than "macgyvering" a regular strap to make it work. Maybe some duct tape :eyebrow:

OK...it's done..i decided to go with the Aqualung Mythos...shadow silver..black skirt...wish me luck..and thanks alot for your advice everyone.
melissa : :10:

anything bought on line is a hit or miss unfortunately. I have tried on a specific mask brand and type in one store...did the same mask in another store and it felt different. I have ordered two masks from the net and had no problems....at least major ones...as i have a beard and EVERY mask leaks.

The only way ............and the lds will hate you..........is find the mask you think you want in an lds...try it on...with reg...confirm it works....then take a chance and order on line.
Hows your luck normally??
rich

Back
Top Bottom