Chris's coldwater kelp adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs:
Inot to mention freezing my tropical bunns, but the effort paid off.

Now you know how i feel every weekend!! :wink:

Great shots, I really like the Jewel anemone one (2nd one from the bottom), but the last one is very nice too!!

chippy:
Now you know how i feel every weekend!! :wink:

Great shots, I really like the Jewel anemone one (2nd one from the bottom), but the last one is very nice too!!

had to use fast shutter speeds to compensate for camera shake :wink:

also technical note, due to frozen hands, a dry suit that felt like I was wearing a suit of armor, and massive surge, For the first time underwater, On the macro stuff I actually set the SB-105s to TTL and set the flash compensation to -.5. the results were very good.

Chris, they are all great!
63f. Heck, thats a heat wave over here. 15ft of vis? Typical. The best part is hearing a warm water diver like yourself will take a dip that requires more thermal protection than a T-shirt and shorts or a 3mm shortie. Thumbs Up for that!

Jet

Jetwrench:
Chris, they are all great!
63f. Heck, thats a heat wave over here. 15ft of vis? Typical. The best part is hearing a warm water diver like yourself will take a dip that requires more thermal protection than a T-shirt and shorts or a 3mm shortie. Thumbs Up for that!

Jet

I only use a T-shirt on those cold days when the water drops to like 81 f. hehehe

Anyway, after doing nearly 4000 dives in the tropics, it is always nice to experiance such a contrast in sealife. Yes, one CAN get numb to Coral and Parrot fish!

My dry suit had been in storage for almost 5 years. the last time I used it was working with David Hall on his Ocean Realm/ Rodales project in IZU Japan.

I was very concerned as i entered the water on the first dive having no idea as if the seals would do thier thing! I sucked down my first tank in 25 minuits, most of the air going in and out of the suit. got it down and the other dives were quite enjoyable and productive

Chris Bangs:
but the effort paid off.

I agree chris. Wonderful image.
Prefect lighting, perfect DOF and interesting subject.
You are a true master of the art. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom