Christmas gift ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarolynZ

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning everyone

My husband and I obtained our open water certification in 2018 then revisited diving in January on Grand Cayman then again in October on Bonaire. We are planning on doing our Advanced Olen Water this winter.

I am at a total loss as to what to get my husband for Christmas. Can anyone recommend any books on diving (either good reads or instructional) that perhaps I can get on Amazon in Canada. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We have all our gear including compass. Are there any “How to” underwater navigational books out there?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks all and have a good day😁

Shadow Divers..... Great read!

You can always get him the Padi navigation manual if you/he are thinking of taking the course.

Some other ideas may be the Scuba Confidential (I think Pridmore has a few).

One of my favorite received gifts of all time was the reef set by Paul Humann and Ned Deloach. An amazing fish/creature/coral identification guide with photos and tips. We refer to this all the time and just love it . They are also available separately.

There is ALWAYS more gear to be had .. haha. I've seen pictures of some of the other members garages that have more tanks than I see at many dive shops. If one of you gets started with underwater photography .. you'll never run out of gift ideas :)

I've also had fun getting my wife scuba related ornaments for the tree. We have a few creatures as well as a scuba Santa and more. This year she even put some DRYFOBs into the tree. Another gift idea for you if you want a dive quality waterproof container for your keys (shameless plug for my wife's product).

One other gift I gave my wife shortly after our open water, and before a big trip was a subscription to DAN dive insurance for both of us. We've renewed it every year at Christmas since.

A gift idea thread would be a good idea on Scuba Board. Of course not so good if your other half is also reading the thread but I'm sure many are thinking about last minute gifts for their favorite dive buddies.

Happy Holidays

We have all our gear including compass.
Books are good. I like books. But c'mcon, is there no item of your husband's gear you can recall him wishing were different? And oh yeah, as @Jaan said, if underwater photography is of interest ....

Personally, my wife and I do the boring thing of pooling our resources that would otherwise go to mutual gifts into a trip for ourselves, or further training together.

Are you traveling for your AOW?
Maybe an extra tour, guided dive, side trip, after dive dinner.

Stuff and things are fine but an experience you can carry for a lifetime.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. They are all great. As far as gear is concerned, I’m sure he would swap out everything thinking it will make him a better diver lol. He just needs more dives. We are actually going to Bonaire for two months (January/February).😁. I’m going to purchase his PADI e-learning for the Advanced Open Water course. It can be purchased as a gift. I managed to find a replacement weight pouch for the one he lost in October 🤦🏻‍♀️ and I found a couple books online.

We both need more diving experience before we plan the dive trip if a lifetime.

Thanks for all the suggestions and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom